Author Topic: Engine Management Advanced Tuning  (Read 680 times)

Offline Jason Gilbert

Engine Management Advanced Tuning
« on: March 05, 2008, 06:49:36 pm »
This is just a quick thumbs up for the book "Engine Management Advanced Tuning". The author is Greg Banish, and the publisher is either Cartech, or Sa design. Im not sure how to interept that. I picked up my copy at Mopac in Langley.

This may be premature as I just got into it, but so far it is a very good read. Very in depth and technical, but the author has done his best to still allow it to be understood by someone less then an engineer (just!). I was looking for something more technical, so this fits the bill.

Although I have not gotten to the actual EMS area, the basic principles of the combustion engine and processes are gone through 1st, and thats some good stuff. I gave the rest of the book a quick browse, and it appears the rest of the sections, continue this in depth approach.

This book is the second EMS type book that I have. The 1st one I picked up was "Building and Tuning High Performance Electronic Fuel Injection" The author is Ben Strader and the publisher is as listed above. This was also a very good read, and would be a good 1st book on the subject. In depth, but a little less technical.

Go pick up a book! It can actualy be better then the Internet!

991 TSI AWD (Red)
The good stuff is on!
1991 TSI AWD (Black)
Whoops..Somehow its become a parts car!

"Run her 'till she melts a piston, then back the boost down a pound"

Offline Jason Gilbert

Re: Engine Management Advanced Tuning
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:02 am »
Titles, authors, publishers posted above?? Both are available at Mopac in Langley.

The advanced book does not reference the AEM system, but it is theory based so simply apply to whatever system you're using

The book by BenStrader does talk about the AEM system,but does not go very indepth.
991 TSI AWD (Red)
The good stuff is on!
1991 TSI AWD (Black)
Whoops..Somehow its become a parts car!

"Run her 'till she melts a piston, then back the boost down a pound"