Author Topic: has anyone delt with ADP distribitors?  (Read 2480 times)

Offline daniel sanat

has anyone delt with ADP distribitors?
« on: November 25, 2010, 09:03:04 am »
just wondering ?  seems like they have a huge selection of turbos  and what not
1992 talon tsi

Offline andrew volcz

Re: has anyone delt with ADP distribitors?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 10:29:33 am »
they are the parent company to Kinetic Motorsports and about 5 other similar local turbo related companies that fall under their umbrella. if you were thinking to buy a turbo, best to call up Kinetic (or us!) as ADP mainly deals with mainly equipment applications - tractors, bob cats, ect.   they dont deal with any car applications and would refer you to kinetic anyways.  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:01:21 am by andrew volcz »

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 10:46:55 am »
ADP will rebuild your turbo, I beleive kinetic gave their number to a buddy of mine for that service.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:41 am »
I was in ADP the other day.  Dropped off two S4 K04 turbo's im getting rebuilt. 

It's not true that they only deal with heavy duty applications as Andrew stated or why would i be bringing in audi S4 turbos for rebuild????  Yes they do deal with a lot of truck turbos and such... but they can totally do any other turbos as long as they can source the rebuild kits.  Im not sure if they deal with brand new turbos from FP or the likes... but it cant hurt to ask.

They also will not refur you to kinetic and they CAN rebuild mitsu turbo's and i got them to check and they have 8 tdo5h rebuild kits IN STOCK and quoted around 400 ish to rebuild/balance a evo III 16g.

I was very pleased with there service and would go there again for a turbo rebuild for sure.

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline andrew volcz

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:12:37 pm »
ive had to use ADP recently for sourcing turbo vband clamps as kinetic did not have them in stock.  while i was at ADP, i was asking about a few other turbo's which puzzled them and they actually referred me back to kinetic for gasoline applications. the guy even said they typically dont do much gas applications.   this doesnt mean ADP couldnt sell you a turbo that could work on your car, say if you came in asking for a 16g.   imo, kinetic will likely have more info/better grasp of gas applications compared to ADP who mainly does diesels/machinery/ect.   for example, if you asked "what are some turbo upgrades for my car?" ... i found Kinetic had more answers.  just my $.02

if you look at the stack of turbo's sitting in ADP's entrance, it should indicate what they cator to.  same with kinetic.

as mentioned, ADP are the parent company to a group of other tuner/turbo related companies and likely "share" stock with each other if 1 place didnt have it on their shelf as well. its no secret they all work together at times.

ADP does do turbo rebuilding and balancing... as can kinetic.  im unsure if kinetic just send the turbo over to ADP though.  it would make sense if they did as im sure the machinery isnt cheap but we've had turbo rebuilding done by both.  up until a couple months ago, they ALL actually shared buildings in Port Kells.  

Also, if someone is after an FP turbo, RG is an authorized dealer    :o
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 11:15:31 pm by andrew volcz »

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:06:04 am »
from what i gathered from the guy i was talking with at kinetic a month or so ago it did sound like they send them out to ADP for the balancing/rebuilding.

But agreed that ADP does mostly do heavy duty applications...Its also which guy you deal with there as well.  It seemed as if the guy i was talking about didn't know much about the import turbos as the other guy that was sitting down at his desk when i inquired about rebuilding a tdo5h turbo.

Has anyone ever used the turbo rebuilder company in richmond??  They were also a option for rebuilding.  I remember a representitive one time come into my shop and give out info and some quick pricing.. Just wondering if anyone has delt with them.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 04:01:10 pm »
ADP does all the turbo rebuilding. ive dealt with both companies. I recently got a new gt30 cartridge from the kinetic counter and the ADP manager took my existing gt30 and swapped the housings over.  And back in the day i went to ADP with a blown Garret T2. The manager told me they dont typically rebuild small gas turbos, yet they had the parts to rebuild it. So they made an exception.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.