Author Topic: Roll Cage work done by Dan @ Pro Gas Engineering. Race car fabrication  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Jordan Kruger

Well, I was fortunate enough to see the work in progress,  and I took some handy pics as an example to someone who is interested in having a cage or roll bar built in their 1g DSM

This also stands as a review of the quality job done by Dan (owner/operator) @ Pro Gas Engineering

To start this off, the guy is legit. and dont take shit.  hahaha

Dan is excellent at what he does, and he uses quality tools and cad programs to map out the more complex jobs that he does.
now,  anyone can throw some pipe up and weld it.  But Dan offers CNC products too.  He uses software to map out the cage and with all axis of the bends accounted for, all the pipe lengths, bend locations, offsets of bends  etc.

I opted to run the front pillar bars down infront of the stock dash bar.
Some people go for the hidden look and they clear a path behind the dash bar and sqeak a pipe down with some funky bends.
I decided Ide make my job easier, aswell as Dans.  The front bars are not going to be intrusive at all,  I didnt need to take out my windshield, And Ill just have to trim the dash accordinly. Ill take my time and make it look as best as I can.   But honestly....   who can criticize a car that is more go than show!     atleast Im putting a dash back in!

Heres some pics!

337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
Hey I know this guy.. from the old street drag racing days...
Did the bars for my blue Monto Carlo (don't laugh it ran 10.0 all day)
I can remember him using a broom to figure out how the bars should go.
I am very fussy about bars getting in the way.

Kudos to him for sticking to his passion.
Must be very good by now.

PS: is that the guy with the bald spot on his head???
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 01:00:43 am by daniel Dee »
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline Jordan Kruger

Yup   thats Dan the man!

Hes definitely good at what he does.  All of his custom fabrication looks awesome.

So does his custom 54 chevy bel air with some 500 sumthin CI motor. haha

Im glad I went with Pro Gas.

Offline Zach Holt

whoa post is ten days old and dans the only one to comment on this. its a thing of beauty.

thats bad ass your dash going back in or are you keeping her class b rally look?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Jordan Kruger

Im going to trim the dash on the ends and slide it back into place.  Dan @ Pro Gas did a good job of tucking the bar really tight to the door jam,   so the dash should fit really nice with some trimming.

Bryan Hoytema

Re: Roll Cage work done by Dan @ Pro Gas Engineering. Race car fabrication
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 09:21:44 pm »
did they have to remove the front windshield to weld ?

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: Roll Cage work done by Dan @ Pro Gas Engineering. Race car fabrication
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:24:21 am »
Nope.    If I ran the bars infront of the stock dash support bar, then the windshield would have had to come out.   I got Dan to run the bars as tight as possible to the support bar instead.