Author Topic: BAD experience with ADR motorsports  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Bobby Grewal

BAD experience with ADR motorsports
« on: October 16, 2003, 01:30:25 am »
So heres the story...I hear from some people to get my new tokico shocks put in at ADR Motorsports in Surrey. I called them because they were reccomended by some aquaintances saying that they do cheap installs. They do cheap installs all right.(Excuse the anger) They quoted me price over the phone saying they would install my new shocks for $100. I thought i was getting a good deal. I make an overnight appointment and show up around 10 am to find the owner, manager and mechanic putting a new sheet of glass on their front desk. So when i get there they tell me they cant install them for $100 they can only do it for $120. I still think this is an alright deal. They tell me to come back in an 2 hours. I get picked up and come back waiting for my car inside. While im speaking to the manager im asking where my car is. I see it zoom by. I guess that means its done. SO now i get my car back happy to see its still in one piece. Sorry guys this is a little long and ill cut to the chase. I was hearing some funny noises from the shocks that werent normal. I told htem they said it was no problem. I called L&R saying whats going on and they insisted this shouldnt be happening while adr refused saying they didnt install them wrong and its "JUST CUZ MY SPRINGS ARE TOO SHORT AND CAN'T BE FIXED". I argued with them and also my brother in law got involved since he is more knowlagable about cars and ADR agreed that if they installed them wrong they would compensate it by paying for labour if it could be repaired. L&R repaired it. Point being ADR Motorsports is a joke and they arent very experienced in what there doing. To top it off they are not compensating for what i payed to L&R for reinstalling. Infact a friend of mine purchase a $3?? car alarm from them in august that he hasnt seen. Thats my 2 cents on ADR Motorsports...
QuAlItY Of LiFe Is DeRiVeD fRoM FrIeNdZ, fAmIlY, AnD oNe'S cApAcItY 2 LoVe ThErE cAr. EvErYtHiNg ElZe Is cLAsSiFiEd sEcOnDaRy

Offline Rob Esplen

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2003, 02:55:38 am »
Make a complaint with the BBB or whatever it's called up here...small claims wouldnt be worth it, try getting them on judge judy haha. Or just put sh*t under his door handle, that'll learn 'em.

-Rob

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2003, 12:07:32 pm »
ADR is a bunch of chumps.
I know them from previous dealings.
they're more of a civic place than anything else. I wouldnt take my DSM there.....

However, I do know the  Owner and he's a pretty decent guy. Ill have a chat with him. let him know that he just lost a huge amount of potential dsm customers.
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2003, 07:43:44 pm »
I'll never go there either, sorry to hear that Bobby, but at least your crap will not happen to any one else.

Or maybe it was just with your car because of the aluminum tape on the nose :P
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Bobby Grewal

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 08:41:02 pm »
Thanks Rob, I was thinking about going to the BBB , L&R fixed it for 60 dollars though. I dont think its worth the trouble...judge judy though..now were talkin! Charn, I agree they are more of a civic place...the mechanic claimed he knows DSM's  :? . I wouldn't go back or reccomend them to anyone.

Thanks for the responses guys...John in particular  :oops:
...If anyone has anything else to say about my aluminum tape say it now  :laugh: j/k....

If you read this im interested in your responses...(To all members)
QuAlItY Of LiFe Is DeRiVeD fRoM FrIeNdZ, fAmIlY, AnD oNe'S cApAcItY 2 LoVe ThErE cAr. EvErYtHiNg ElZe Is cLAsSiFiEd sEcOnDaRy

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 03:14:50 pm »
The owner of ADR motorspots is a cool guy, super nice... its his partners and other guys that work there that are morons...

they couldn't tell the difference between a carburator and a tail pipe  :laugh:

if you want to buy parts off them, they have good deals and get them pretty quick... but NEVER get anything installed by them, you can do it better yourself, because none of them know what they are doing, they just open the book and try everything until somehow the parts fit and it sounds ok.....

I wouldn't deal with them... stick to people you know.. like L&R or Mopac..

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 03:16:16 pm »
sorry that guest was me :D

I forgot to log in lol :DUH:

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 03:36:14 pm »
Actually, that's my fault - for not setting this sub forum up properly...
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Bobby Grewal

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 06:58:46 am »
I agree Robin. The owner is rarely there so those two bimbos take care of his shop most of the time from what i hear...time to get some new staff. ie. Ones that don't but bushings on upside down.  :roll: