Author Topic: Using MCCC (Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner)  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
Using MCCC (Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner)
« on: October 27, 2003, 03:13:44 pm »
Having had discussions with other members on proper procedures of using MCCC on our cars, I just wanted to ensure something was put here for other/new members to search and find easily.

Good ol' vfaq to the rescue...
http://www.vfaq.com/mods/MCCC.html

Mmmm - DSM Femme Opinions...
http://www.dsmgrrrl.com/~dsmfem/articles/mccc_impressions.htm

A side note from a user of MCCC...
"Although it isn't listed on the site, if the car is old and has alot of carbon buildup, the cat should be removed before the process, as it could get plugged up from all the junk flushed out with the cleaner."

(I'll be adding to this as time goes on ... )
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 04:31:09 pm »
Thanks Andrew, I'm planning on doing this next weekend, and you saved me the searching. In another post about MCCC, John mentioned "steam cleaning" things as well; might be useful to add this here:

Quote from: "John Hartman"
Also I'd like to add to the procedure.

Get a spray bottle of water, kinda like for misting down plants etc.  Like an old windex bottle.  When you have done everything else and its all warmed up again, take off your upper IC pipe at the throttle body,and mist in some water vapour.  the mechanics at work always do this when they do a cleaning like this.  It steam cleans the valves and tops of pistons.  This part apparently does more than the rest of the procedure.

I haven't tried this, but I'd be wary about removing my entire upper IC pipe or TB elbow, as the engine isn't sucking in ANY counted air at that point and would probably stall. Plus that's a lot of unfiltered air getting in, especially if your garage is as dusty as mine :)
Spraying water through the PCV valve hose or alternate vacuum hose should be effective as well, though.
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2003, 07:11:30 pm »
ahh, except for the dust, its ok.

As for stalling, yea it can be a pain, but the thing learns quick :)

Just keep it going with one hand and misting it in with the other.  Do about half a liter.

THAT is where the REAL gross smoke and smells came out, not just after the chemical.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 08:59:13 am »
me and wade just did the mccc to my car last weekend..it smelled really bad....we didnt do the water bottle however though...do you think that would be a good thing to do now..its been two days since i did the cleaning......
we sprayed teh mccc in the pcv hose...can we spray the water in there too or do you have to do it by takin off the uicp and tb
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 10:06:03 am »
gotta mist the water in there, mist not solid water.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2003, 07:59:18 pm »
yea i know you have to mist the water..but do you mist it in the pcv hose
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 08:36:08 pm »
I wouldnt think that the 1/4 inch pcv hose would be big enough for mist, but you could try it for sure

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 09:14:12 am »
ok i might try it....just to not whore this thread with stuff that should be in the garage ..i'll put in my .2$ for a review
just picked a can of this stuff up from satan (pretty sure only place you can get it) its the best kind of ccc for the dsms.  It's really easy to do if you have two people.....little bit trickier with one but can still easily enough be done
there are a couple different ways to use the cleaner...but the way that me and wade did it was to simply disconnect the pcv hose from the pcv valve ....we then started up the car, wade sat in the cockpit and controlled the throttle to keep it at a good idle speed because the car will stall otherwise.....the other way to do this is controlling the idle with the butterfly under the hood (this is what you would do if your by yourself....so basically you just spray the whole can of cleaner into the hose while the other person is manning the idle.....then after your done you turn off the car and let it sit...connect pcv hose ...then after a sufficient amount of time (overnight) take it for a good highway rip...very easy ..and very effective
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)