Author Topic: 2G manifold porting-dremel style  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Scott Girvin

2G manifold porting-dremel style
« on: March 10, 2004, 12:25:44 am »
Well I had to replace the 7cm gasket and o2 gasket the other day cause my stocker were gettin pretty bad.  I decided to port my 2G manifold while I was at it. Ive never really noticed how restrictive the casting was on this thing til I went at it!!

though soon to be gone.......

If you plan on doing this your self I would suggest that you have a good assortment of dremel bits at hand. I found that if you triple up the cutting discs on the bit with the screw on top you can take the most off per cost of the bit. I also noticed that the casting in the 2G manifold is WAY stronger than the 1G. I spent @ 3hours porting with the dremel ( I was bored anyways)

All in all, throttle response is better and the turbo spools a bit quicker.  I would recomend doing this mod either by yourself or have someone do it for you with the proper tools.

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:29:57 am »
Another pic

pics dont show it, but this thing was thick!!

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 10:25:04 am »
in the first pic especially, it looks like the step is still there. Did you get rid of it, or just grind it down a bit?

I'm not even going to TRY porting until I get a diegrinder :)
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 04:44:11 pm »
The first pic is what the 2G manifold looks like unported. The next two are after I had my way with it :wink:

Offline Mike Meron

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 06:07:45 pm »
i applaud your efforts. just remeber boys and girls, a shop equipped with the proper tools can have the thing ported completely with the exhaust runners done with portmatching in about 1.5 hours, so keep that in mind when your arm is sore and dremel is reaching meltdown. you can always get a shop to do it.
but nice none the less scott.

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 07:05:51 pm »
whoops, I meant the first "After" pic, so the second picture on the page. Might just be the lighting?
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...