Author Topic: EVO manifold and wade carlson porting  (Read 723 times)

Offline Matthew Lemon

EVO manifold and wade carlson porting
« on: May 28, 2004, 03:01:15 pm »
Well its been a couple of weeks since i put my ported evo manifold on, all i have to say is .. no creep is nice, I can definatly tell a seat of the pants power difference at low boost (havnt been able to turn it up cuz my fuel pump is slowly dying) i cant wait till i get my new pump in and can turn it up to 17 or so.

As for wades porting, he did an awsome job, cleaned up the exhaust manifold ports nicley and did an awsome job on the O2 housing, and cleaned up my turbo exhaust housing too, u just have to be able to put up with him for a few hours lol jk hes a great guy to work with, we had a lot of fun.

we took it too the track the next day and even tho i was running about 12 psi i felt the car was faster than the last time i had it out @ 16psi at the "semi legals" altho it was creeping to like 20 back then so i couldnt give it all she had, now my boost creep is all but gone (maybe 1-2 psi) so im very happy

all in all, well worth the money and time

id like to thank wade for his porting work and his expertise (sp) with the removal and install of the manifold ( if u need this porting work done definatly give him a pm). And ziggy for getting me the manifold, i will definatly get parts off him again.

Matt
00 civic DX hatch, 92,000, B16A, short ram intake, ACT pro light flywheel, ACT extreme clutch, 2.5"cat back, skunk2 short throw, kevlar canards, CTR style headlights, indeglo gauges, CF airbag delete, SIR center console (for sale 11,500)

Offline Kimyee Lai

Re: EVO manifold and wade carlson porting
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 04:21:25 pm »
Quote from: "Matthew Lemon"
Well its been a couple of weeks since i put my ported evo manifold on, all i have to say is .. no creep is nice

Ported O2 will get rid of creep.  A ported manifold won't.

Offline Wade Carlson

EVO manifold and wade carlson porting
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 07:36:03 pm »
we ported his o2 ousing and exhaust housing at te same time too kimyee :D
Had a DSM...........sold it............ never been happier

Offline Matthew Lemon

Re: EVO manifold and wade carlson porting
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 01:59:22 am »
Quote from: "Matthew Lemon"

and did an awsome job on the O2 housing,
00 civic DX hatch, 92,000, B16A, short ram intake, ACT pro light flywheel, ACT extreme clutch, 2.5"cat back, skunk2 short throw, kevlar canards, CTR style headlights, indeglo gauges, CF airbag delete, SIR center console (for sale 11,500)