Author Topic: Saitek Evo  (Read 753 times)

Offline John Hartman

Saitek Evo
« on: January 25, 2005, 05:36:56 pm »
Joystick.

My old one was a bit sloppy on center, so I needed another one.  I was not effective at range with it.

This one looks nice, is made of nicer quality materials and seems to be lasting longer than some I've had.

It is more precise than the Sidewinder Prescision I had before.

Comes with a twisting handle for rudder type functions, 8way hat and  lots of buttons.

This stick is unique in that it has several adjustments for hand sizes, positions etc.  You can set it up for left handed, or right handed, you can raize the heigt of the part that your hand rests on, you can change the angle of the thumb button pad and you can change the tilt of that pad too.

It feels different when "Stirring the pot"  most joystick feel like you are moving them in a big square when at the limits.  this one feels alot smoother and circular.  More precise.

Cost was $49 from Future shop, seen it similarly priced elsewhere.

My only complaint is that it still doesn't seem to fit my right thumb properly. I am getting used to it but its still a bit off.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods