Author Topic: Server Change  (Read 15101 times)

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

Server Change
« on: March 02, 2008, 06:33:51 pm »
I am migrating all of my stuff to a new server as the old one was a bit whacky.  I'll let you know when i'm "done" and then you can start complaining about broken stuff :)

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

Re: Server Change
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:33:18 pm »
All should be well now. Commence the complaining :)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:37:33 pm »
wow that was fast. good call!
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:49:13 pm »
I'm speedy like that.  Server should be faster now as well. Did some tuning on the database its dropped in size from 191MB to 38MB, should make for speedier queries.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 12:12:37 am »
Wickeddddd. Yeah every time i go to come on to get parts or see my pm's its lie fackk down again... But its all good

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 01:55:14 am »
Wickeddddd. Yeah every time i go to come on to get parts or see my pm's its lie fackk down again... But its all good

That will change with the new server. I ditched the control panel and a bunch of other apps that were just getting in my way and causing things to fail.  I may set up monitoring to text message me when something goes down but I'm burnt out now.

Offline Jared Grant

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 02:02:24 am »
thanks for all ur work joel!
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 06:55:35 pm »
Nicely done man!!  Have a beer or 3 on us  ;)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Josh Letkeman

• WANNA GO FASTER!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 12:01:52 am »
I don't really know what you did but its seems like it was a good thing.  So good on yeah.

Josh
1991 Talon AWD TSI- HKS intake, upper front strut bar,  16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump (i think), UICP (HKS), and Koni yellow adjustable skocks.- Silvery gold...ish.  (totaled dead :()

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 11:30:44 pm »
You guys are very welcome.  None of you should notice any changes and if you do I probably screwed something up.  I'm now able to offer email addresses @westcoastdsm.ca or @bcdsm.westcoastdsm.ca if any of you're interested. 

I know someone purchased bcdsm.org a while ago but I havent heard back in some time... so unless someone buys a new name we're stuck with this domain.

It will require a bit of setup so if say 5-10 of you want an email address i'll set it up. On a happier note I finally found a new ash tray my 4th this year .

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 07:47:01 pm »
So today I resigned from my position meaning my free server will be no more as of the beginning-end of November.   I can keep the hosting account for ~$50.00/month and was wondering if any of you would like to chip in on that?  Alternatively if someone else is willing to host the site I can provide the database and possibly some assistance in getting things running.

Sorry for the short notice its been a stressful few weeks for me  :-\

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 07:57:20 pm »
So today I resigned from my position meaning my free server will be no more as of the beginning-end of November.   I can keep the hosting account for ~$50.00/month and was wondering if any of you would like to chip in on that?  Alternatively if someone else is willing to host the site I can provide the database and possibly some assistance in getting things running.

Sorry for the short notice its been a stressful few weeks for me  :-\

so what does this mean? if nobody takes it over....no more bcdsm website ?
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Joel Mezzanotte

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 08:00:25 pm »
Pretty much unless one of my coworkers will host it. I have some other hosting for a client of mine so I may be able to move it to that server.. 

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 08:01:34 pm »
Pretty much unless one of my coworkers will host it. I have some other hosting for a client of mine so I may be able to move it to that server.. 

:O omg I hope the site doesnt go down..this is like my bible lol
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 08:30:59 pm »
thats some shitty news for sure  :(
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods