Author Topic: rewired fuel pump mod  (Read 870 times)

Offline Flavian Goh

rewired fuel pump mod
« on: June 22, 2003, 05:54:26 pm »
ok so this mod caught my eye. I am thinking of doing the mod cuz i figure it wouldn't hurt plus it'll also prepare for future upgrades. My question is 1. Is it easy to do, 2. I guess i have to get somekind of rewire mod kit and 3. would it deter my performance since i have stock injectors and stock turbo  :( ..fer now that is   :D

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
rewired fuel pump mod
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 10:10:28 pm »
It's not hard and you don't need a "kit" and it won't hurt anything unless you do it wrong :P You just need to get a long piece of heavy gauge wire, a fuse holder to put inline, a standard relay and a few feet of lesser guage wire.
There is a VFAQ on it at www.VFAQ.com but keep in mind if you have a FWD you won't find an access pannel in the trunk and the pump in FWD's is horrizontal instead of vertical like the AWD.

Offline Andrew Scott

rewired fuel pump mod
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 10:38:52 pm »
I did it in about an hour, but again, I have alot of experience with electronics and wiring. I'm hopefully gunna help Jovan do his this week sometime.

Lowell sells kits, but you can just as easily pick up all the parts for it at Canadian Tire.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Flavian Goh

rewired fuel pump mod
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 06:43:33 am »
Ok kool i'll check into it and think bouts it then.

Offline John Hartman

rewired fuel pump mod
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 05:49:43 pm »
its easy.  the hardest part is running the wire from the battery all the way back to the pump.  really

Just get 12 or 15 feet of 10 guage wire, from a stereo place.  Get a good large guage fuse holder.  And a standard relay.  Thats it.  The last part that most people put more wire in, i just used the stock wire as it is only for a foot or less.  Oh, you also need about a foot of good ground wire.  Some shrink wrap and some electrical tape is a good idea too...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Flavian Goh

rewired fuel pump mod
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 06:12:25 pm »
Ok kool thanks man..already phoned A&B and they carry all of what i need