Author Topic: help " i floor the gas and the car responds late"  (Read 944 times)

Offline lyle chavez

help " i floor the gas and the car responds late"
« on: July 02, 2003, 03:34:41 pm »
need help, i have a 95 eclipse. sometimes my acceleration is sorta retarded. i floor the gas and the car responds late. what can be the problem. anybody :(

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 03:43:36 pm »
do a tune up, spark plugs, clean air filter, wires, fuel filter, pcv valve and injector cleaner.  See how that does for yah, also change oil.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 03:48:02 pm »
Yup, what Travis said and also check for boost leaks.  I'm sure you have some that need to be taken car of.  Check your timing also.

Also post in the right forum.  :wink:

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 03:55:28 pm »
posted in parts talk?
 :twisted: BANNED! :twisted:

heh, just bugging cuz I noticed it's your first post. what travis said, and also check the throttle cable for slack. I'm a big fan of this fix as it worked for me.
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline George Myshlyayev

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 04:42:38 pm »
sounds like a turbo lag =)
8 TSi AWD
Boostwell by name
Boost very well by reputation ;)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 05:49:32 pm »
all that stuff plus clean out your intercooler, check timing(both valve and ignition), check boost level, fuel filter, check fuel pressure, clean out air filter.

Also, check the gasket between the turbo and the exhaust manifold.  I saw a post on that once, the guy had so big a leak there that all the exhaust pressure leaked out there and didn't get into the turbo.

Also if you have no leaks but no boost either, check to see if your wastegate actuator rod has fallen off.  Mine did and I had like 1 psi.  Felt like a tuned Honda :P

Check your exhaust for big bends, kinks and or blocked off pieces, or a plugged cat.

if all that fails, take out the 2 dead bodies in your trunk. :P
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline lyle chavez

thanks guys
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 07:57:48 pm »
thank alot for all your help even if i havent tried doing what you all suggested.