Author Topic: Franks.......  (Read 3662 times)

Offline Mark Guthrie

Franks.......
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:49:30 pm »
so i took my car to franks (top end automotive)
my clutch pedal dissapeared on me so my car was down for a couple weeks, finally saved up enough coin to have it fixed and got it to his shop, after a few hours i call and he tells me its the clutch master cylinder and that he also fixed the brake master cylinder as it was leaking really bad, so i fork out the cash and pick the car up. happy that i finally got my car after a couple weeks of walking an hour and back for work i get in the car drive to chilliwack to play baseball when bam! the clutch pedal goes soft and hits the floor again! now im like fuck really? i forked out all this money to have an actual shop fix the car and the same thing is wrong! so i drive the car without the clutch pedal from chilliwack back to his shop in abbotsford drop it off get a ride home and call him the next afternoon.... he tells me that the disk is toast and i need a new clutch disc..... well i put that brand new clutch flywheel and pressure plate in last year and it has only seen 6000 km's since then and they havent been hard kms! also the clutch doesnt slip! at all! when i drove home from chilliwack if there was an issue with the disc itself u would think i would have sliiping issues????? frank didnt give me any kind of paperwork for the work he did and told me i needed to pay cash...

did i get fucked over or am i just being paranoid?
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Ivan Skare

Re: Franks.......
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 04:03:24 pm »
Frank has always been good to me.

That's really weird though.
2015 - 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST soon to be AWD
2012 - 1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2004 - 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2002 - 1990 Plymouth Laser RS N/T

Offline daniel sanat

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 04:12:35 pm »
clutch pedal dropping to the floor is most likely the clutch slave cylinder
1992 talon tsi

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 04:33:56 pm »
he said he replaced clutch master cylinder? theres a master and a slave? or is there just one?and it really doesnt make alot of sense that if he "replaced" it that this would happen again unless he did shotty work, which from the feed back im getting im my mail box might be the case......

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 04:46:51 pm »
bottom line is you dropped the car off to have the issue fixed. he "fixed it" and charged u money and you drive away and the problem is still there. He should be liable to fix the issue without charging you anymore money, or swapping your old master cylinder back on and refunding you the money that he shouldnt have charged you for that. atelast thats how i look at it.
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Ryan Dronsfield

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »
bottom line is you dropped the car off to have the issue fixed. he "fixed it" and charged u money and you drive away and the problem is still there. He should be liable to fix the issue without charging you anymore money, or swapping your old master cylinder back on and refunding you the money that he shouldnt have charged you for that. atelast thats how i look at it.
I agree

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 05:00:02 pm »
yes. there are 2. A master cylinder and a slave cylinder. Its possible he did the wrong one, how was the car after you got it back from him? did it drive normal or feel like it did before you took it to him? I would tell him to do the slave before you let him take the trans out. And make sure its all bled properly. Its hydraulic fluid, same as your brakes. No air in the lines!
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 05:15:19 pm »
he replaced both master and slave, i just got off the phone, he said its gotta be the spring popped out and lodged in the pressure plate...... ???

Offline Amir Ali

• DSM technology kicking the shit out of EVERYTHING
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 05:25:52 pm »
same exact thing happened to me the pedal went to the floor after driving on hwy for an hour and when mr. lowell took it apart two of clutch disk springs were poped out! so in my experience I would say frank is right.
=

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:16 pm »
Check your self, have some one press the clutch and see if the fork moves.

If it does, the springs are facked
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Dan Silburn

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »
The same exact thing happened to me. I dropped the car off at a shop and he replaced the master and slave but then the same night it dropped to the floor. it happened a few more times after and everytime it was fixed by adjusting the pedal. I guess finally it was adjusted properly so now it works perfectly..

Offline Carl Gould

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 06:14:45 pm »
Not on a DSM but a friend of mine just had the exact same thing happen on his jeep. Ended up being a spring that had popped out of the disk, so yeah, I think Frank's most likely correct on this one.
97 TSi AWD - Winter 2010 Will-it-ever-be-finished Project

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:53 pm »
You got fucked over dude...Frank's a fuckin douchebag.

I only use him for parts now and he knows it. Whatever, I don't like the guy.

I paid him $2400 3-4 years ago to completely rebuild my tranny, and two weeks later it fuckin died on me. Not only that, but he fucked up my alarm in the process. When I bitched him out about my alarm he tells me "well if someone wants your car bad enough, they'll take it anyway."

The fucker's lucky I didn't shoot him.
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Jason Spielman

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:16 pm »
He did a great job on my car, I have no complaints and gave me great prices too. Some work was legitimate with paperwork and other stuff was under the table cash... I've walked away happy every time.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:14:51 pm »
Hey Mark, Nice to see you on the boards again.  Hope you can get your car back working again soon.

I have been trying to get ahold of you for AGES now.  I think you have our BCDSM banner that we need back..

Phone me ASAP so i can get that banner back from you!!! (604.613.8336)

I phone you, and phone you over and over again but there is never a reply.  Maybe its time to return my phone calls eh?

Oh and franks a good guy, he wont try and fuck you over.  You also wont find a DSM shop that will do the work for cheaper either.  These cars are getting OLD.. It is to be expected that they break down all the time..... essepcially cuz they get driven so hard.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:55:14 pm by Brett Haviland »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.