Author Topic: Franks.......  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Drew Sale

Re: Franks.......
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:43 am »
i dealt with frank once and he sold me a faulty part. the part he sold me was actually worse than the part i was replacing. then when i tried to get a hold of him he actually said "sorry, wrong number" and hung up. when i hit redial... unfortunately you only get one shot at good business like that and it's very easy to screw it up and ruin your reputation with some people. i'll never, ever call him again for parts or labor on any of my future cars. others may have had great experience with him and that's totally cool. but unfortunately he will not get anything from me again
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline martin vanderwel

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 10:43:09 am »
the guy knows his shit and is usually fine to work with. he told me about the clutch issue, and says the 3 or 4 puck disk your using is junk
1995 Eclipse GST
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:13 am »
You're 30 years old? You talk like a 15 year old gangster wannabe from Surrey. Sure, speak your mind, but it won't get you far on this forum. Especially when you refer to shooting a dsm mechanic thats been fixing fellow members' cars for years. He ripped you off? Go to Chrysler or Mitsubishi and you'll see how much they'll charge to work on the 4G63 motor. All i'm saying is don't be using that sort of language on here. You're trashing up the forum.

Actually, I'm 32.  ;D
15yr old? Wannabe? LOL You don't know anything about me or my past buddy...so I'll just leave that at that.

I would have been better off going to Chrysler or Mitsu...at least they wouldn't have told me to fuck off after they got my money. Big fuckin' deal he's a dsm mechanic, am I supposed to bow down to him for that? I know other dsm mechanics that are true to their word and do honest work like all the guys at RG and Kinetic. Those are the only other dsm shops I've dealt with and they've been great to me over the years. I've spoke to Kevin at Evolution before too and he seems like a great guy also. Putting Frank in the category of these dudes though? He belongs in his own category altogether. LOL

I know he reads the boards...I hope he does!
The only parts I ever grab off him now are parts that do not have any moving parts in them...like bumpers, lights, fenders, etc. For everything else I'd rather pay a bit more and buy parts brand new or go elsewhere.

And...if in the future if I do need a part for him, no shit he's not gonna give me a good deal...so I'll just send a cute girl for me. LOL

You're right Martin, he does know his shit...I'll give him that much. But his quality of work over the years has gone down the shitter dramatically, not only that but he just has an "who cares, it's not my car" attitude I find.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:47:59 am by Ryan Singh »
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline kimfederico

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 11:01:40 am »
+1 to tyler.

When I called Frank about getting parts he was rude and unprofessional. I wouldn't take my car there that's for sure.
1999 eclipse gsx - Ass, gas or grass, nobody rides for free

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 11:34:44 am »
back to marks issue, if he did the work and it failed then its up to him to fix it.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 11:37:59 am »
same mark guthrie that used to work @ sherets in abby?

if so hai buddy ^_^
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:48:32 am by kevin derhouson »
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline martin vanderwel

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 12:26:27 pm »
he's slipping no doubt. all cash deals, a bit of a relaxed (def unprofessional) but yeah most of the time he gets the job done right.
1995 Eclipse GST
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Offline Ed Altizer

• 1994 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 06:52:19 pm »
On Topic:  Mark, He should definitely refund your money for labour to install the master and slave cylinder...If the parts were used, then you should be reimburse for that also.  Or if he's being difficult about it, then at the very least, the money you paid him should be taken off the bill for the clutch work...if of course you plan on having him work on that too... :-\

If it's a clutch disk you might want to consider something like this...heard good things about it...like the springs 'not' falling out
http://www.clutchnet.com/product.php?productid=10333&cat=0&page=2

Slightly Off Topic:  Not to bash Frank at 'top end' but I have to say that he only worked on my car twice! And the second time was warranty...One of the valves went on my motor about 5 years ago and since I was in trade school in Langley at the time, I had Frank replace the head with a pre-built one from another company that he uses...that was all fine...But when I drove the car home, 750km back to PG, I noticed oil all over the valve cover, belt side.  I checked the bolts and noticed 3 of them were stripped.  To think I paid $2200 for this service.  So I helicoiled them better than new...soon after that, the timing belt slipped because of the oil softening it up, and shut the car down...I thought it damaged the head (bent valves).  I put the car on my boss's trailer and towed it back down to Frank.  A week later Frank told me that everything was fine, no damage after all and they put a new belt on.  Ever since then, the engine has always ran a little rough.  Just lately I checked the base timing and it was set to 16* advanced...does that sound right?  Maybe that's to compensate for slightly damaged valves...maybe...

There were other smaller things I noticed damaged when I got my car back..but 'whatever'.  In my life (43 years...can i say that?) I've figured out that it doesn't matter who you take your car to, there will always be some issues somewhere...You may not find it right away, but it well reveal itself eventually....Simple solution...Do it yourself!  Even if you don't know how...lol...you're still waaay further ahead.
Not to offend any mechanics here...I'm sure there are one or two out of a thousand that know their job well and care almost as much as you do about your car, but, hmm, I guess I haven't been that lucky (mainly with non-dsm).

I've always meant to keep this story to myself..but after all this talk about Frank, I thought I'd feel better after sharing...and...

I do!  :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:31:08 pm by Ed Altizer »
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
        2015 Ford Explorer Sport
2002 Suzuki Katana 750
     1994 Eagle Talon TSi - Sold

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 11:55:39 pm »
That sucks Ed, I feel for ya bro...to anyone else considering having Frank work on your car, here are some more ways he's fucked people over:

This is the original thread from back when he did my tranny.

http://www.bcdsm.org/forum/index.php/topic,17123.0.html
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 12:16:55 am »
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 04:43:55 am by Zach Holt »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Don Woltjer

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 12:28:28 am »
frank has done amazing work on my 1g talon, my buddies eclipse convertable and my buddies laser. he has always been fair and honest with me and no complaints here. the fact of the matter is, no matter where you go there is always going to be people disatisfied with the work or service. i worked in a shop for 10 years, it happens. but he is really a good source for hard to find parts. he lent me his ECU while mine was getting rebuilt elsewhere. didnt have, just did. he gets my top marks :) but that is just my two cents, cause that is all i can afford, lol.
1990 Eagle Talon AWD Tsi

Offline Brandon Kuczynski

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 09:28:49 pm »
personally i dont bring my car to frank anymore just because he did fuck me over, i suggest takin it to evolution in maple ridge they do way better work and u can actually get a receipt for the money u put into ur car
1997 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 10:23:40 pm »
personally i dont bring my car to frank anymore just because he did fuck me over, i suggest takin it to evolution in maple ridge they do way better work and u can actually get a receipt for the money u put into ur car

+1

Offline Cole MacDonald

• Cardomain
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 12:58:09 am »
I would never do anything except buy parts from him and then that would depend on the part.
1990 FWD Laser 240 FWHP
1993 AWD Laser, 2.4L GT35r powered 562 AWHP
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins
2012 Skidoo Summit X 800 E Tec 164HP

Offline Brandon Kuczynski

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2010, 01:28:09 pm »
yea when i took my car in to get a new clutch put in he was testing it and he didnt latch my cf hood down and it flew up on him bending the hood springs and aswell as crackin the shit out of my whole hood and now it looks like garbage now, he never even told me about it until i noticed it, i payed him for the clutch and a few other things he replaced and he told me in order for him to get me a new $800 hood i had to pay him another $300 cause he said he took it off wat i owed him for labour and parts, and thats bullshit, i will never go back to him not even to buy parts, im not gonna support someone who doesnt give a fuck about helping you, he just cares about the money, thats why he takes cash and gives no receipts
1997 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD