Author Topic: [autoX] Vcmc novice tour starts sun. 5/1  (Read 603 times)

Offline an nguyen

[autoX] Vcmc novice tour starts sun. 5/1
« on: April 25, 2005, 06:56:45 pm »
Vcmc autoX novice tour starts sun. 5/1
•   Last Nov. the top 5 or so novices got prizes at the end of the 4 event tour (top prize was free kumho tires w/ other prizes from sponsor pdm-racing)
•   If you have a stock car, you’ll typically have a better chance of winning than w/ a modified car due to pax/index weighting
•   Don’t be intimidated; there’ll be plenty of ‘green’ drivers learning the ropes just like you.  And it’s not just about racing.  Improving your car control skills will better prepare you for accident avoidance maneuvers you WILL need to perform on public roads.
•   No membership needed
•   Loaner helmets available
•   Novices can also learn from senior drivers who’ll be practicing for the season’s 1st official race the following wk
•   A ‘novice’ is one who has competed in at most 3 autox events prior to 2005
•   $30 I think
stx 95 talon awd, stu 95 m3

Offline John Hartman

[autoX] Vcmc novice tour starts sun. 5/1
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:52:21 pm »
I agree about the "not all about racing" part.

You WILL feel better, safer and more confident in yourself and your car.

I gotta get out more, but just in the 9 runs I had, and the talking and walking and watching over the day, I learned alot.  And I took off over 20 seconds off my time.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods