Author Topic: Its winter time, who here snowboards/skies?  (Read 5320 times)

Offline Mike Schmid

snowboard meet
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2002, 10:44:56 am »
Hey guys, when you decide you're going can somebody swing by and pick me up   :D

It's real easy to get to my place, just get on the #1 heading east.... stay there for about 10 hours...  :shock:  when you hit Calgary city limits give me a call and I'll guide you to my place.  

Stupid long drive to the mountains from the flatlands... oh well.  I think there's hills about 1 1/2 hours away.    :cry:
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Troy Simkus

Re: .
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2002, 06:27:47 pm »
Quote from: "William Frederickson"
I thought it was still going on... Like 260 for a seasons pass, but you need 4 ppl to do it, and they all need to be students or something like that.

It's called the 4x4 pass, was on sale for 349+gst this year. You needed 4 people all considered full-time students (usually 9 credits) at their respective institutions.  Only restrictions are that you dont get the fresh tracks deals and you cant use it dec 27th-30th. Last i checked you had to sign up by Oct. 31st.

whistler day tix are now $67!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Anonymous

Its winter time, who here snowboards/skies?
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2002, 11:18:51 pm »
Whistler is awesome but I think Cypress is a better deal it is open longer hours and is a lot less of a problem getting there. Somebody should throw some dates out there and get some feedback to make it happen.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2002, 12:47:43 am »
Damn, that is pricy, i guess the best route would be the local mountains.  If i had extra money I would throw it into my talon :)  instead of pay for whistler/blackcomb :(

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2002, 04:27:50 pm »
Grouse has a great deal called Y2Play, I got my seasons pass for like $140-180, but you gotta get on it early. Still a waste though, considering they have NO BLOODY SNOW YET!

I'm new here btw, so hey to everyone :D
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2003, 11:54:26 pm »
Im up at the mountains every chance I get. I got a pass at grouse too, pisses me off cuz there aint nothin up there though. Ah well, im off to whistler next weekend and sunpeaks the weekend after that!

Troy Simkus

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2003, 03:18:21 am »
looks like i'll be in whistler for the rest of the winter, woo ski-bum time :D

if anyone's ever comming up leave a message, if i'm not working i'll come ride with you :)

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2003, 11:03:53 am »
Thats awesome, I'v been trying to get a job instructing at Whistler for a while now, but they wont hire me cuz Im only level 1 casi certified! bahh!

Troy Simkus

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2003, 03:08:22 pm »
ya i didnt bother with that, i'm workin at the food&bev. warehouse there.

Offline Tim Hunt

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2003, 06:28:11 pm »
Look into that a little further, I have been an instructor at W/B for the last 3 years, this season we had to hire a bunch of instructors with the promise that they would get thier Level 1 by the 20 Dec, or they would be let go.
A shortage of structors definately.
.3L Magnus Motorsports
      Hybrid stroker
  Now FP 3052 boosted

Offline Damian Zerr

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2003, 12:10:15 am »
me at Whistler over the weekend
0PSI and 0 Knock