Author Topic: Next Lower mainland meet?  (Read 3391 times)

Offline Allan Clouston

• 97 tsi awd
Next Lower mainland meet?
« on: February 21, 2008, 08:19:59 pm »
I was wondering if someone wanted to maybe organize a meet.
or if there is one up comming someone could let me know the date and time
looking for a full 3' exhaust any suggestions?

Offline John Hartman

Re: Next Lower mainland meet?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:59:06 am »
well, the weather is getting pretty good so they will be more frequent now.

That said, we just had a fairly large meet that was an all day one, so probably nothing like that for a little bit anyways.  The next big one might be the Revscene one at Spanish Banks on March 30th.

There might be a more local one in between now and that meet tho.

And hey, whats stopping you from organizing one?  Givver  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:14:25 am »
i try to get one going once a month ill arrange someting in a few weeks

Offline Allan Clouston

• 97 tsi awd
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 04:51:12 pm »
well whats stopping me is i don't know anyone else with a dsm
and i wanted to get to know some people and make some friends. haha

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 07:48:16 pm »
then pm me well chatt it up go for a few drives, few photoshoots ect

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 09:53:51 pm »
So, Allan, what I mean is, you organise something on this forum.  Pick a day, pick some roads that are low in stop lights and high in scenery and twisties.  Then plan some stops with nice parking overlooking something nice for pictures. Plan in a restaraunt with good cheap eats.

Plan it so lots of members can get to the meet(EG, saturday or sunday, during the day)

Plan it to take place between Chilliwack and North Van somewhere so most members down here can make it.

The setup a post here and tell people what you plan on doing. Give people a couple of weeks so that they can plan it into thier lives.

People will sign up and meet where you decide to start the meet.

This is HOW you get to know more people with DSM's  :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 11:26:44 pm »
TRUEEE THAT

Offline Allan Clouston

• 97 tsi awd
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 10:47:53 am »
ok then is anyone up for a meet going to white rock on the 8th of march.
can someone suggest a good starting point?
should get to white rock around like 4 or 5 so starting point about 1 to 1 1/2 hours away?

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 06:36:10 pm »
I'd be interested in that Allan. But we're new here so I'm just happy to be out exploring.
Kristopher

Offline Allan Clouston

• 97 tsi awd
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 06:59:23 pm »
well i just wanna go for a cruise and chill with some new people anyone up for one next weekend if it's sunny?

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 07:22:35 pm »
I'm down any sunday I work most saterdays but I can bail for BIG meets
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3

Offline Allan Clouston

• 97 tsi awd
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 09:02:22 pm »
i gotta check my work schedule but lets say this coming sunday everyone meets somewhere cruises to white rock or somewhere if its nice.
then grabs a bite a such.

if you are interested you can suggest things

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 09:12:08 pm »
not to rain on your thread but i would take what people have said and think about making a meet, first thing i would look at previous posts for previous meets on how everything is setup, then you should figure out where u wanna go, then find maps and meeting places for all pre meets and the main meet, also it helps to look at the weather network for what the weathers going to be like, cuz almost 90% of the people on this board arent gonna wanna cruise in the rain, its no fun, u cant take good pictures, u cant stand around outside and look at eachothers cars ect. lastly, its hard to just say who wants to meet up next weekend because again, most people need a few weeks to make sure they can make it, it helps bring out more people then say if it was only a week notice.
im sure u might get like 2 or 3 cars out but if u want to meet people u do it right, just my 2 cents tho......
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008, 09:42:43 pm »
What we used to do in inclimate weather was someone would plan to install XX part on their car one weekend so we'd have a Wrench Session at that person's place. All the while enjoying some foam and burning meat on the BBQ.  ;D Then again, that was waaay back and I don't see anyone in the DSM community do it any more. It's too bad, really.

If we had room to work here I'd certainly have people over. Instead, we'll be inviting people for pool & hot tub festivities.
Kristopher

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008, 10:16:16 pm »
see id like that aswell since i have alot of work needed to be done on my car! but we need someone who is willing to have a mid to large sized group at there place, have enough room for such groups and have a dry place to work on sad vehicles..
but besides that ya id love for one of those kinds of meets, hell we could do one every weekend if we had a place to do it!
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)