Author Topic: 100kmph!!! go karts!!!!!!  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Mark Guthrie

100kmph!!! go karts!!!!!!
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:11:21 am »
so this is what i was talking about

http://www.f440.com/2_stroke_karts.shtml

these karts do 100kmph!!!!!!!!!!

i think after the fvt this should be the next meet!
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Matt Demick

Re: 100kmph!!! go karts!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:45:38 pm »
sure its around the corner from my place lol
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 02:47:12 am »
Im Down

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:26:43 pm »
I've been to the F440's before. I didn't race in the top level carts - I believe it was club carts (The next level down).

It was crap. Horrible course - Bumpy rippled asphalt, slow layout, and they let everyone out at the same time. In all groups. So you've got some ten year old hogging the middle of the track.

The carts were in various states of disrepair and poor tune - It takes work to keep them running correctly, and they obviously don't put the time in.

They were understaffed, and it was busy. Everybody (the staff) moved slowly, and it took forever to get set up.

The F440's, from my experience, were neither fun nor remotely enjoyable.

I've heard much better things about TBC Indoors in Richmond, but haven't been there to verify if they are worth going to.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:11:40 am »
I have never had to disagree so much with what you said Cam, but its mostly because i did the real f440's once, which is $100 for those who care.

So let me summarize the craziest moments of my life. You only go with two people on the course, as they close it down to everyone else. So at the start, you literally have like 50 people watching you because not that often does someone shell out that much money for 12 minutes of entertainment and everyone has to watch essentially. So the carts are completely different to the club carts. Their near impossible to get into as their are no seatbelts, just this massively tight racing seat. They go over each turn with you and how to handle the speed and the turns. Quiet informative as they take a dry erase marker to a diagram of the map and show you what angles to go on.

The first thing he told us was at the first straight you have to floor it or you may foul the plug. So im pretty nervous actually, because their were so many people watching, and the guy said the things were like indy loud when your driving. So i set off, i'm going relatively slow around the first two turns because the straight is right after them, so i get to the straight and i give it all. Never in my life have i experienced such speed. Your so low the ground, and its like your hitting 0-60 in like 2 seconds, and your wholly body shakes as the course does have its bumps. The best part is that you can literally floor it the entire time, and you have to drift in and out of the corners by letting of the gas and pumping the brakes just a tad as you enter the corner to help spin into it.

So in the end, i spun out twice. Once was because their was all these kids watching at the fence, and out of the corner of my eye i caught them looking, and the one second i lost my attention, i couldn't manage the corner properly. The other time i was simply going to fast and i understeered.

So to summarize my day at best, 30 minutes after i raced, i threw up...alot. The g forces i felt must have made me sick i presume as after i was finished i felt sick right away. So TRUST me the real f440's are amazing. Just bring a barf bag in case.
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 01:36:17 am »
TBC is wicked fun times. we went just before they closed so the 8 of us had the whole complex to ourselves. cost us $25 each and they just combined our races into one long (by long i mean about 12-15 mins) race. those karts are in great shape, nobody complained about their kart being slow or in some sort of disrepair. they pick up pretty damn quick so you gotta slow down for some of the corners. but all in all it was a great time
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 02:06:56 am »
ya TBC is a good track, everytime ive been there they were awesome, only thing is, youve gotta book the time or be there when no one else is, cuz it gets really fricking busy
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
ya i can imagine how busy it would get there. booking the track would be a great idea
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 09:42:24 am »
ya i can imagine how busy it would get there. booking the track would be a great idea

Id turn into a D1 Kart Drifter... Hahh