Author Topic: BCDSM Gathering Rules and Guidelines (READ ME)  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Jason Gilbert

BCDSM Gathering Rules and Guidelines (READ ME)
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:11:37 pm »
For our new people, and our veterans, here's BCDSMS top Rules and Guidelines for our gatherings. I am putting these up, but I also have to say, for the most part, our members have been really well behaved in the past (for lack of a better phrase).

This applys to any official meet, as well as inter-club meets. (like Revscene).

This list is not exhaustive, but should be considered a basis for conducting yourself at any gathering.

1. Obey all road rules and signs.
All right. Pretty basic, but lets start with this one. This one is primarily aimed at posted speed limits, but applys to all Motor Vehicle Act rules and regulations. Seatbelts would be a good example.

2. On Private Property:(E.G Parking Lots):
a. Operate your vehicle in a responsible manner.This means excessive speed, and "stunts" will not be tolerated.
b. No littering. Pick up after yourself, and even leave it better looking then when you came.
c. If you have an opportunity to speak to the owners / management of the private property, please choose your words carefully. Be respectful. Your words are going to be reflective of all BCDSM members.
d. Be respectful towards the patrons of that private business.

3.Your vehicle Condition:
Now, no one is going to boot you out of the club if you're DSM is not 100 percent. We could not have a meet ever if that was the case!
All I would like everyone to do, is before the meet, just give your car a once over for things like headlights, marker lights etc. This guideline is more intended to make sure you look at your car and make sure it would meet Motor Vehicle Regulations, and, is in reasonably good operating condition. We also want our cars to look the best they can.

3. Personal Conduct.
Please conduct yourself towards others in our club, other clubs, and the general public, with respect, tolerance and politeness. Always remember, your actions and your words will reflect back on the club as a whole, whether or not you think it should.

Common sense everyone. That's really what those guidelines are about. Lets make sure we have a good, safe time out there!

Jason
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:13:20 pm by Jason Gilbert »
991 TSI AWD (Red)
The good stuff is on!
1991 TSI AWD (Black)
Whoops..Somehow its become a parts car!

"Run her 'till she melts a piston, then back the boost down a pound"