Author Topic: **Anybody near Salmon Arm**  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Mike Jamieson

**Anybody near Salmon Arm**
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:10:05 pm »
Im new to the DSM World and would like to get to know the other DSM members that are arround.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 08:53:43 pm by Mike Jamieson »
1st Talon 1995 TSI AWD, 14b. Sold
@&*%#@ mickey mousers.

Offline Breanne Honaizer

Re: **Anybody near Salmon Arm**
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 08:29:34 am »
There is a couple of us around the arm =) Myself and Steve Yadernuk live here. Im dsmless :P but he drives the black 1gb with the fusion stickers. Have you lived in SA long?

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:54:54 am »
I can only imagion how active a user you would be if you acually ownd a DSM Bree.. your awesome

Offline Mike Jamieson

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 04:03:43 pm »
I've been here almost all my life so i know most ppl around here. I used to work with my dad from 2000 to about 2006 at Payless Brake and Muffler
@&*%#@ mickey mousers.

Offline Cole Chalmers

• DERP!DERP!DERP!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 04:55:15 pm »
I'm in Kamloops, not tooooo far away. Moving to Kelowna soon though, not that it's much closer/further haha. I drive a black 1ga with a 1gb rear end conversion.

Offline Mike Jamieson

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 05:44:51 pm »
ill be traveling to kalowna for 6 weeks in feburary for school
@&*%#@ mickey mousers.

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 06:31:10 pm »
Mitch and I live in Sicamous, guy named Scott will be the white 1ga you see around town with rfl bov. It's parked right now for winter. I have a red 1gb that I currently am in hate with, so it's parked for now aswell. My Mom has a dark green 2g that you've probably spotted. If you don't mind me asking, did you buy Barry's/Darcy's 2g that was parked up in the industrial park?

And Kelowna and Kamloops are about the same distance away.

(P.S. - Mike I worked with you wife at Lordco awhile back. Say hi to Kristen for me.)
Outta the game!

Offline Mike Jamieson

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 06:45:11 pm »
Yes yes i did buy that one and ive had to do a few things to get it runnin but it a hell of alot of fun now. do you know much about what he did to it? I've got mine parked for the winter too before i blow it up. ive got to fix a couple leaks. He sure didnt take care of this car. This thing was ready to fall apart. I guess thats why i got it so cheap.

Why are you mad at your talon? I did see that green one. I thought it was mine for a second untill i noticed it was in better shape.
   Kristen says hi.
@&*%#@ mickey mousers.

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 06:57:45 pm »
She spun a rod bearing.. not a big deal when your BF sorry fiance is Mitch. Should be a 6hr job for him. If he loves you he will fix it  :P

Offline Joliesa Lepp

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 07:58:23 pm »
Hah, if I love it I'LL fix it.  >:( jk, he sure is a helpful one to have around. (And I've seen him do it in less than 6 hours actually.  :-\) You have to understand, this is the third motor for my car in under 6 years. If I think about it it's not like she's been bad, it's just when she blows she tends to go out in a big way, so if it's rebuilt anytime soon it'll more likely be a pleasurecraft than a DD. Stupid car.

Mike, I just know that the car was an out of province and the strut towers were rusting through aswell as a bunch of other things, the dent in the driver's front was from some buddy of Darcy's trying to drift and hitting him instead if I remember correctly. The kms are high, but Mitch did a bit of work on it before Darcy began raping it. With some a lot of work it has potential to be a good one again.  A good place to start if you want to get to know something REALLY well. You're right when you say he didn't really take good care of it.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:06:10 pm by Joliesa Lepp »
Outta the game!

Offline Mike Jamieson

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 09:11:18 pm »
Actually it was bought new in vernon. Do you remember what Mitch did to it at all. do you guys know of anyplace i could get some used parts for this thing?
@&*%#@ mickey mousers.

Offline Joliesa Lepp

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 09:16:36 pm »
It's all old stuff thats prolly screwed now. He says the motors gonna blow and you'd probably be screwed if you were ever to get a VI (because of all the rust) As far as parts go, keep an eye on pick a part, but the guys here are pretty helpful too. I'm sure you could find all you need if you asked.
Outta the game!

Offline Josh Dandell

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 12:51:46 am »
I'm in vernon Drive a white 1g laser. A good place for parts is westside auto in westbank just outside of kelowna bought lots from him. he has a junk yard full of talons haha.
Heres a link for yellowpages I think this is the place give him a phone http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/British-Columbia/Kelowna/Westside-Automotive/2616898.html?what=Westide+auto&where=Westbank%2C+BC&le=15166
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:03:34 am by Josh Dandell »

Offline Dave Ingraham

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 02:05:53 pm »
I'm in Vernon I have a black 90.  Its kinda hit or miss on used parts.  PNP doesn't have much and there cars are picked over fast.  Auto wreckers around here don't have many talons left if any at all. Craiglist can be a gold sometimes if you have a truck and trailer.

Offline Mike Jamieson

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 03:15:16 pm »
my wife and i sold a black 90 a while ago. where did you buy yours
@&*%#@ mickey mousers.