Author Topic: PR, PIR track training in feb/mar  (Read 831 times)

Offline an nguyen

PR, PIR track training in feb/mar
« on: January 12, 2005, 07:40:24 pm »
stx 95 talon awd, stu 95 m3

Offline an nguyen

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 06:54:53 pm »
w/ only 17 students yesterday, I got a dedicated instructor who rode shotgun for ~240 km over 5 lapping sessions at pir =).  He said my car handled well (good!) and that I improved a lot (I drove pir only once last march so had much to learn).  A corner worker said I ran a nice line and a student w/ stock sti wondered what mods my car had.  I actually got black and meatball flagged for having the sunroof open =).
http://www.teamcontinental.com/

I’m set for the alfa club track day sat 3/5; wonder if the festival of curves will still be under reconstruction for CART.  

Btw last night returning home I was cruising at 145 in WA and passed a right lane group of cars incl a dropped white civic hb.   Went back to my low profile speeding of 130 in the right lane and the car comes up wanting to race and reinforce the fnf stereotype.  Of course I ignore it as it buzzes away in vtec mode.  Not even fast, how lame.

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:27:22 pm »
I can't remember, and I think I've asked before, but are you still running the stock brakes?  What pads do you know?  Either way, how are your brakes holding up on course?
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline an nguyen

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 09:21:09 pm »
using prior owner's front powerslot rotors, stock rear rotors, and well chosen porterfield r4s pads (4 corners)

i keep my brake fluid boil/fade in check by limiting spd at times during each session.  it's safer and simpler to be preventative and avoid mushy pedal and bleeding (and i have speedbleeders).  pad fade is not something i've encountered yet.  in the p5 and talon, the fluid goes first.