Author Topic: looking for answers to my questions  (Read 247 times)

Offline Nathan Craft

looking for answers to my questions
« on: November 05, 2006, 06:40:55 pm »
question 1:
i was looking at how much i need to save up for a new paint job after i fix up the Tsi a bit, i want to paint it HOK Brandywine red, how much paint do i need and how much on average dose it cost to paint a 1Gb without bodywork?

question 2:
my abs light is on and i have no clue what could be wrong, any ideas?

question 3:
my damn parking brake is stuck on, the lever goes all the way down and the car drives fine, i just want the problem fixed, any ideas with that one?

question 4:
would question 3 have anything to do with question 2? that's what i think is wrong with the ABS.

Question 5:
Is the ABS even worth having on the TSI?

thx
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Jesse Veitch

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 06:45:48 pm »
if your parking brake light is on I believe that means you have low brake fluid.. I'll let someone else answer your other questions..
97 TSi AWD
92 TSi AWD 6/4 bolt - Sold

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:39 am »
2) I think ABS lights are most commonly wheel speed or voltage supply related (battery, etc).  I had mine come on when my alternator fusible link popped.

3) Parking brake light or parking brake?  You probably have some siezing in the system if the brake is stuck on.  If it's the light, start by checking that your brake actually hits the switch for it when it goes down.

4) Could.  Start by checking easy things like the fluid, and other things listed above.

5) Is it worth having?  Ask yourself this.  ABS was not a fad of an invention for cars.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]