Author Topic: brakes no existant  (Read 254 times)

Offline Mark Guthrie

brakes no existant
« on: February 16, 2008, 02:11:12 am »
so i got my car back from the body shop today and realise that theres no breaks at all, met up with josh and travis and they helped me bleed my brakes to see if that was the problem.... well i still have no breaks......
they said that the car was mechaniclly inspected by a reputable shop in town here, now im just wondering wouldnt a good shop notice that the car has no breaks whatsoever? and the fack that the wheels are different sizes and dont fit properly so now the car shakes all over the place,...... so it was suggested that i replace the rear calipers and that may help... anyone else have any ideas why my breaks barely work at all???????
silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline Nelson Inacio

Re: brakes no existant
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 02:38:52 am »
Take your car back to the shop and have them find out whats wrong with your brakes. If it wasn't like that before your car was stolen then it should be part of your icbc claim. Doesn't sound like this "reputable shop" bothered to take your car for a drive.
92 tsi awd
91 tsi fwd 523,000kms R.I.P.

Offline Craig Neels

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 04:29:06 am »
you have AWD rite?
considdering you said the rims are different sizes...doesnt that Fuck the AWD shit up?
R.I.P
1995 eclipse gst
intake, 3" turbo back,GReddy type S...more to come

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 08:20:20 am »
your tires are different sizes?  WTF is that about?  Hopefully you haven't been driving it for long?

I know the car was at OK Tire, but I think it was only there for an alignmnent, it came in on a towtruck and left on one too so I don't think anyone actually drove it when it was there.

Now as for the brakes, when you bleed the rear ones, does fluid come out the bleeder, lots of it, when the brakes are pumped up and then the bleeders cracked open?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods