Author Topic: installing new injectors  (Read 436 times)

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
installing new injectors
« on: August 08, 2008, 06:00:15 pm »
I am installing 650cc injectors on my eclipse, and i notice that the o rings what come with the injectors are not sealing in the lower intake manafold there just floting lol. Wondering what everyone is doing to fix this problem even if i put a bigger o ring in there just would not seem to be a proper fix.

Offline Jason Harwood

Re: installing new injectors
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »
What did the 650cc injectors come from?
Different car?
Brand?
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:17:44 pm »
I think that is normal. make sure you have the big injector o-rings, you can get them at Kinetic. the tension from the fuel rail bolts will hold them in place, and they should be seated properly within the fuel rail itself. make sure you use all new o-rings. put a little Vaseline on the top ones (you will need 2 for each injector) to help them slide into the rail without tearing. So to clarify, 2 o-rings on the top of each injector and one big one on the bottom of each.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:49:07 pm »
I got the injectors from forced performance, they are Delphi 650cc. I've installed injectors before, so there was not a problem installing them into the fuel rail. The new injectors are different at the bottom then the stock ones, original injectors have like a rubber sleeve what goes into the intake manifold, with the new injectors being a different shape at the bottom I can not just swap over hard where.

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:20:13 am »
You'll need the FIC injector seal kit that FP sells. They are cheap.

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 06:00:43 pm »
You'll need the FIC injector seal kit that FP sells. They are cheap.

Don’t know why the hell they don’t just come with the injectors to start with, what are they just going to seal in the intake manifold by them self lol. I'll try out Kinetic, I’m not in the mood for getting charged for custom fee and waiting a week. I went to gm and ordered a sleeve and o-ring kit but they are a hair to small to seal up.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »
Valley Fuel Injection in Abbotsford will have them for you too, and a bit closer than Kinetic.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Michel Paiement

• Boom!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 10:25:33 pm »
Valley Fuel Injection in Abbotsford will have them for you too, and a bit closer than Kinetic.

right on thanks