Author Topic: Honda Argument with Friend  (Read 9310 times)

Offline GlenMartin

Re: Honda Argument with Friend
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 04:00:21 pm »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:03:58 pm by GlenMartin »
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »
definately some fast Hondas out there.  Hell there are some fast Hyundais out there too, but thats not the point.

Mod for mod, the stock turbo car will win.  Hell, you don't even have to buy a turbo, intercooler, turbo manifold, oil pipes, water pipes etc.  ITS ALREADY THERE.  As for 12 psi, well, a STOCK boosted Honda engine(F20/22, K20/24, B18c, D16 etc) will not be long lived at that boost pressure.  Many guys have gone 12's on just a full 3" exhaust, open air can, good clutch and more boost.  There is no way that can be done on pretty much anything else out there.  Maybe if you can afford a Skyline GTR you may be able to do that too, but I don't know that for sure.

And as for drag racing, yes, the DSM will still win if its all wheel drive.  Those are two of the three things that make them great.  AWD, turbo 4g63 and price.

So unless you are running slicks,(and even then it will be about the driver and tuner), the awd car wins.  Even with the weight penalty.

now lets turn up the boost  :D  We all know that we can run 14-16 psi on the stock fuel system and everything else all day long on pump gas, no methanol, no anything else.  Add a cheap fuel pump and a free or super cheap auto or N/T regulator and we can go higher.  Turn the boost up on that stock Honda with a fuel pump and cheap/free regulator up to 17-19 and see what happens.

AND, unless you are talking Integra GSR or Type R, you have to be talking about an engine swap.  This is another area that the DSM comes out ahead in.  No need to swap.  Ever.   And the Integra is not as light as a Civic or CRX either for that matter.  Hell of a car tho, even for FWD.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 08:40:38 pm »
definately some fast Hondas out there.  Hell there are some fast Hyundais out there too, but thats not the point.

Mod for mod, the stock turbo car will win.  Hell, you don't even have to buy a turbo, intercooler, turbo manifold, oil pipes, water pipes etc.  ITS ALREADY THERE.  As for 12 psi, well, a STOCK boosted Honda engine(F20/22, K20/24, B18c, D16 etc) will not be long lived at that boost pressure.  Many guys have gone 12's on just a full 3" exhaust, open air can, good clutch and more boost.  There is no way that can be done on pretty much anything else out there.  Maybe if you can afford a Skyline GTR you may be able to do that too, but I don't know that for sure.

And as for drag racing, yes, the DSM will still win if its all wheel drive.  Those are two of the three things that make them great.  AWD, turbo 4g63 and price.

So unless you are running slicks,(and even then it will be about the driver and tuner), the awd car wins.  Even with the weight penalty.

now lets turn up the boost  :D  We all know that we can run 14-16 psi on the stock fuel system and everything else all day long on pump gas, no methanol, no anything else.  Add a cheap fuel pump and a free or super cheap auto or N/T regulator and we can go higher.  Turn the boost up on that stock Honda with a fuel pump and cheap/free regulator up to 17-19 and see what happens.

AND, unless you are talking Integra GSR or Type R, you have to be talking about an engine swap.  This is another area that the DSM comes out ahead in.  No need to swap.  Ever.   And the Integra is not as light as a Civic or CRX either for that matter.  Hell of a car tho, even for FWD.

2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 08:55:06 pm »
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  

1989 JDM honda CRX/Civic SiR came stock witha B16  (these are crusing the roads around BC nowadays).......  and the 99-2001 EK civic SiR also came stock with B16...

and i know of STOCK STOCK STOCK b series that run 12 psi for years and years with out any issues at all. and this is on like a GT30 turbo so its flowing quite a bit at that 12psi of boost.   Its all about the tune john.  Hondas CAN handle 15 psi of boost on stock internals....  It just has to be tuned not to knock the shit out of the pistons...  Its the guys that throw all the turbo stuff on a honda.. dont tune it properly and then they are surprized when it blows up after one day.... of course it will!!!  Tune that car properly and it will be fine.

(of course you need to add with bigger injectors, pump, FPR, manifold, fmic, chipped ECU....  those can be had for super cheap now adays.)

And Glen, yes im talking about Mr. Endel.  It was the original engine in his 90 CRX SiR or whatever (B16a).... and my purple colt had the "mighty" 4g63t swap with walbro pump, intercooler, 17-18 psi of boost and his stock engine with 12-15 psi just left me in the dust.

I will stand up for honduhs if  needed till the day i die!

VTAK BITCH

and dont get me started defending the D series motors.  Those things LOVE boost and dont need internals to run fast.  and they came in millions of honda civics throughout the years....  you dont need no damn B series!!

And then theres the B18b lower compression motors (non-vtec) that also love boost as well.... 

ALL IN THE TUNE!!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:58:21 pm by Brett Haviland »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 10:37:39 pm »

you mean 12 psi in a talon/eclipse vs lets say my crx d16z6 at 12 psi? (this is for pure agruement sake i am not picking sides or arguing cause i dont know what a full interior street tire awd eclipse/talon will run on 12 psi.) well at 9 psi i ran a 13.68.(or 13.86 cant remember which) with no fourth gear and no third from 6000-7500 rpm. with wheel hop and i am pretty sure a 2.6 60 foot. i was running bald blad 17 inch street tires. with a less than perfect tune.

what was your old talon running for psi when you sold it to morgan brett? cause i was at the track and raced side by side with him one time at aschroft(which is much higher elevation than mission) and i am pretty sure the best time morgan threw down was 14.8 or 14.6.

and dont get me started defending the D series motors.  Those things LOVE boost and dont need internals to run fast.  and they came in millions of honda civics throughout the years....  you dont need no damn B series!!

ALL IN THE TUNE!!

there is a guy on vcc that runs tens in his full interior daily driven crx with a d16.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 10:45:02 pm »
no Glen, if the Talon is still running 12 psi, the Honda is still running N/A.  As in stock or close to it.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 12:01:36 am »
Morgans old talon ran a 14.7 i think when he had it as his best time.

when i had it i ran a 14.0 @ 100MPH with a 4g67 cyl head and a FMIC.

A DSM at 12 psi and stock everything else will run around a low 14 i would imagine.  If it could get a really good launch (like 1.7 60') then it would probably dip into the 13's.

I know stock for stock a DSM will win EVERY time....  Im just trying to compare a boosted up honda... (sure its modded) to a slightly modded DSM...  the honda will get it a DAMN good run for its money and the honda wont need any internal engine mods like ppl think they need.

Offline Richard Steger

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 05:52:07 am »
If Honda's are so great Brett, why did you sell your Integra and buy 3 more dsms? ???
1992 Laser AWD Turbo 6/4 bolt 5 spd. K&N, 2.5" catless exhaust, free mods...14.29 sec @ 92.24mph
Sold for sake of mortgage downpayment :-(
2003 Mazda Protege 5, sold
1995 Lexus LS400, sold
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 06:49:05 am »
My 2g went 13.9 @ 97mph w/ 12 PSI, granted, it wasnt stock. (1.8 60ft)

My D series turbo'd civic with a baaaaaaaad tune went 14.7 @ 93mph. knocking all the way down the track.

If I turbo'd my honda right now and had 12 psi, going from a 14.5 @ 95mph to probably a 13.0 @ 110mph, lol
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 07:49:41 am »
stock a DSM will only go 15.1-14.8 even well driven.

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 08:15:13 am »
no Glen, if the Talon is still running 12 psi, the Honda is still running N/A.  As in stock or close to it.

ahhh ya i agree. stock vs stock though......like a rsx type s or a gsr integra. would be close.

Offline Jason Harwood

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 08:54:24 am »

ahhh ya i agree. stock vs stock though......like a rsx type s or a gsr integra. would be close.

I saw a RSX-S go 14.0 with Intake, header and full exhaust.
Ive seen type r's go 13's with the same mod's.

Go light weight and efficient 4 bangers.
88' MX6 Turbo - 14.2 @ 97.51MPH
94' MX6 V6 - 13.9 @ 96.7MPH
93' Civic Turbo - 14.7 @ 90MPH (bad tune)
90' Civic SI - Auto-X Machine
97' Eclipse GSX 13.6 @ 105MPH
96' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
97' Acura EL 14.5 @ 98MPH
'02 Lexus IS300 15.125 @ 91MPH
97' CR-V Winter Beater.
04' WRB WRX STI

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 12:41:15 pm »
my thoughts

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »
whats Tripod image hosting have to do with it ?

;)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 07:57:06 pm »
have you been drinking again rob?

ROB FAIL!