Author Topic: Discounts @ Lordco  (Read 11582 times)

Offline Nathan Craft

Re: Discounts @ Lordco
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 08:11:26 pm »
have it written down in my wallet now :)
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »
The employees at the one near Scott Rd and Nordell are a bunch of tools, hahaha...I made a funny!  :D

The guys and gals over at 72nd and King George are incredible, one of the guys there is a former dsmer.
I always get 50% off without producing any kind of account number. I've been going there on a regular basis (every 2-3 weeks) for at least 3+ years now so if you have any trouble getting discounts there, just take me along.
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Jason Swan

• ebonyswan.com
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 10:39:09 pm »
first time I heard of it like that Mike. But if thats working, then thats great!

Jason, that number works the easiest, but I always forget

Sadly, I have it memorized at this point.
1990 Talon TSI - SMALL 16G w/ 10cm housing, 3g lifters, mains girdle, innovate wideband, ecmlink v3, 1050cc FICs, walbro 255, magnus intake, fp race exhaust manifold, evoIII o2 housing, 3" exhaust, act2100 w/6puck, act streetlite flywheel, bs delete
1990 Laser RS - sold
604-302-9997 jason@ebonyswan.com

Offline Allen fong

• Lying that my car fast since 1990
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 10:59:19 pm »
Its always good to shop around guy, I worked at an Auto Parts Plus store for 6 odd years and most of the time everyone paid retail and dinks paid more (we actually had a "preferred customer" account set up that charged 10% above retail) But most of the time if you were a chic and hot you got a deal. But if you drove a honda and a ricer you paid more. At Auto Parts Plus stores they have the actually cost, jobber and retail all in plain sight and can easily charge you whatever they want. It is common practice to bump up the retail price on an invoice to show you got a deal, when in fact you didn't, so Always shop around.

1993 1G AWD

SOLD:1998 Talon AWD E316G @ 25 psi, EVO 8 ECU with, HKS 272/272 cams, Walbro 255 + rewire, ACT 2100 with street disk, 3" exhaust no cat, Aeromotive FP regulator, EVO 3 Throttle Body, EVO 3 intake mani, 1000cc inj, GM 3bar map, PR FMIC, Aem Truboost, Aem Wideband, Devils Own Meth on progressive controller.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 07:32:17 am »
first time I heard of it like that Mike. But if thats working, then thats great!

2nd time John. 2nd time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Dave Ingraham

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 09:26:39 am »
Lordco is good and bad in so many ways.   

The Bad

As a part shop owner I have to fill out a account form and go through all that bullshit, just to get level 7 discount.    Than anybody off the street can go into a Lordco store and get the same discount without asking.   To me thats BS and unfair to other shops out there.   

The Good

If we have a Brake job or whatever we just order all the parts we might need and if we don't use them, send them all back.    Any shop equipment we need they can spread it out over a few months to pay for it and they'll install it aswell.   And if you grind really hard they will sometimes price match or beat other auto parts stores like Mopac, but that is few and far between.   

In the end if you have time, sometimes it pays to make a few phone calls to get stuff cheaper.   

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 06:58:59 pm »
What we found at our shop is that lordco would make us pay for anything stocked in our shop up front. So we would have to invest just to have their products to sell, which made no sense. Also the owner up here started telling my boss what he needed to do with the shop layout which lasted about 5 minutes before he was told to feck aff.

We have a store up here called chieftan auto parts who are awesome as well as our napa up here is really decent. And the people at the counter are a lot nicer to deal with than the tools at lordco. I find napa actually can get their hands on a lot of stuff, however some of their napa brand parts are on occasion questionable. In which case i send it back and get something else.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...