Author Topic: VIT  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« on: June 10, 2005, 05:35:56 pm »
That's right.  :wink:

I've been thinkin about it ever since I heard of the FVT.

I know the turnout would not be that of last years FVT :laugh: , but with some proper organization, and word spreading, I bet we could get a nice turnout, and have a wicked cruise. Also a good chance to invite out some island DSM owners who aren't on the board, and get them aware of what they're missing with a nice cruise up the island, some drag racing, and a chance to meet us islanders.

I was also thinking, that it would be cool to make it on the same weekend as Thunder in the Valley. Have a nice cruise up the island, then all meet up for the only 1/4 mile us islander get to enjoy all year.

I'd like to know what you guys think about this. I will be looking at some maps and plotting a route. I'd love to hear any suggestions/critisism anyone has.

If anyone doesn't know about Thunder in the Valley, well here's the link http://www.albernidragracing.com/ .

We could do the cruise friday, maybe make the car show (not sure when it runs too) then camp there for the weekend.

It's the perfect meet, a cruise/camping/racing meet all in one. :D :thumbs:

Offline Wade Carlson

VIT
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 06:05:26 pm »
http://www.labattz.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9271

read the last post
you clearly stole my idea
Had a DSM...........sold it............ never been happier

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 06:20:49 pm »
Ok, well, as clear as it may be to you, it's not the case.

I actually didn't even see your post, I see how you'd think that, cause it looks exactly like that, but your wrong.

I've had the idea ever since I read of the FVT, like I posted above, but it wasn't until this week that I thought about doing it on the Thunder in the Valley weekend, and all that jazz. Thinking of the racing/cruise/camping all in once made me decide to post it to see what you guys think.

Sorry Wade.

Offline Wade Carlson

VIT
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 07:24:29 pm »
i was kiddin anyways i don't really care who came up with the idea (although it clearly was me 8) )

I'm up for it provided my car is done

turnout has always been an island issue though

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 09:28:55 pm »
Yeh, thats why I emphasized the organization and word spreading .  :D

:roll: But who knows, even 5 of us would be better then nothing I think, and if we could spread the word to a few DSM owners that don't know what's up, then all the better.

Think of it this way, the very first FVT only had 9 DSM's in it.

We may have to start that way as well, but in time I think it could be cool, and just a cool DSM/car weekend to look foward too.

Offline Andrew Scott

VIT
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 02:53:59 pm »
I'd maybe be in depending on time and ride avaliability ;)
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 01:55:50 am »
So, lets get some feedback, is this something you guys are up for, or should I not bother plotting a suggested route.

The route would start in Vic, and everythonr northbound could just join up as it goes. Once we arrived as a group in Port, everyone could disperse to their own agenda, but for the camp over and racing, we should chill as a group (like in the pits, or while waiting to race etc).

I dunno, I'm just wondering if you guys think it's a good idea.

There's no info about the camping on the site yet, but I'm pretty sure in past years, there was a camping area availabe for those who wish to camp.

Chris Spencer

VIT
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 01:04:00 pm »
I'd be down.  Aslong as beer is involved witht the camping part.

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 03:54:39 pm »
Well OBVIOUSLY!!    :D

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Offline Wade Carlson

VIT
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 10:15:19 pm »
okay well lets try to set a date

me and Chris were talking and tieing it into some thunder in the valley for both days and camping inbetween may be a good idea

or we could set it for a completely different date

I'd prefer some time in August

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
VIT
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 11:18:24 pm »
I just got back from Tofino/Ucluelet....nice road :roll:

TIV is a good idea but out to the coast and then camping at Greenpoint could also be neat. As I was goind around those harsh 30km/h sweeping down and uphill turns on the cliff-edges I was thinking it would be neat to have a big trail of DSM's behind me.

Longbeach was really nice for a few hours today.

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 11:40:09 pm »
Yeh, I'm not sure where Greenpoint is, but I've been to Tofino a few times and it absolutely rocks, and that drive is the best, I also did it in my FWD laser, it had a boost leak or two, but man it's a fun road. For those who havent driven it, caution must be taken, it's got some mean turn near the lakes, especially Kennedy if I remember right.

So where's Greenpoint Jeremy?

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
VIT
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 08:55:03 am »
Greenpoint is the campground on the south end of longbeach. I accidentally turned into it yesterday. :oops: The sign said $20.00/night

See LINK

Offline Michael Cummings

VIT
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 10:13:36 am »
i'm down...are we allowed to bring non dsm'ers to this shindig
Cause i got a couple buddies i was plannin on goin up to thunder with that weekend neways.
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Wade Carlson

VIT
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 12:43:48 pm »
well if its gonna be the Islands version of the FVT I personally would prefer to keep it just dsm like the FVT.....but thats just my vote