Author Topic: VIT  (Read 6595 times)

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 07:39:27 pm »
Yeh, as the founder of the idea (maybe not the first person to think of it oviously, but first to plan it all into the Thunder weekend and post it on here) I say it should be a DSM car only deal, friends can chill a good half mile behind if they like though. :P Anyone can ride in the car for the cruise, as long as it's a DSM.

It looks like most of you guys think it's a good idea and will make for a good weekend, that us islanders can call our own and look foward too, who knows, maybe after the first VIT, next year a few mainlanders might want to come out, considering the Thunder brings out quite the crowd of cars, and then our turnout wouldn't look so pathetic.

:beer:  :D

Offline Eric McIntyre

VIT
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 11:49:42 pm »
well since i wont be driving i'll gladly pound back beers in anyones passenger seat :booze:
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 01:13:09 am »
Let's get a sign up list going now, I think part of the reason this years FVT didn't have that great of a turnout was because the sign up started alot later then last year, so let's start spreading the official word.

I will plot a route (that will be very open to suggestions) on the weekend.

I don't think I'll start a whole new thread until I have the official route and details in order, then maybe Jeremy could sticky it, but that won't be till next week.

1. Wayne Wright

[/b]

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
VIT
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 08:57:16 am »
I assume that most will only want to spend one night, so would this be for the two RACING days of Sat/Sun Aug 13/14 ?? or do we really want to get there for the car show? My concern for an idea such as this is that some will come late and leave early thus not allowing us all to cruise together, and at the actual even we may end up scattered. I don't know though, I've never been able to make a Thunder before. That is the weekend I typically go out of country.

Any idea yet where camping will be? best to look into that ASAP.

1. Wayne Wright
2. Jeremy Clarke
[/b]

Offline Eric McIntyre

VIT
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 03:18:32 pm »

1. Wayne Wright
2. Jeremy Clarke
3. Eric McIntyre
[/b]
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 03:51:46 pm »
Ok, I'll do some more camping research this weekend, and come up with numerous options we can all agree on. I've heard that car show is pretty kick ass though, but we'll have some options.  Probably something like, cruise (whenever everyone's off work), car show that night (hopefully), camp wherever the Thunder provided camping is at, race on saturday, after racing, cruise to tuff, and camp, and then those of us who have time off etc can stay camping till whenever.

I'll iron out the details this weekend.

Also, Eric, are you bringing a DSM? I'm judging by your earlier post that your not, so let's just keep the sign up as a car count plus who your passenger will be. Not trying to be nazi or anything man :laugh: , just want to see how many actual DSM's will be commin out.

1. Wayne Wright
2. Jeremy Clarke

Red stands out better, that green is almost hard to read,  :P  :wink: .

Offline Wade Carlson

VIT
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 06:36:58 pm »
i'll be there.....and Eric is my bi***

1. Wayne Wright
2. Jeremy Clarke
3. Wade Carlson

I really don't care about going to the show but I will be there for both days of racing regardless (for sponsorship reasons)
Had a DSM...........sold it............ never been happier

Chris Spencer

VIT
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 07:53:56 pm »
1. Wayne Wright
2. Jeremy Clarke
3. Wade Carlson
4. Chris Spencer- most likely

Offline Eric McIntyre

VIT
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 08:41:18 pm »
1. Wayne Wright
2. Jeremy Clarke
3. Wade Carlson - and definately Eric
1 laser rs....sold

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 09:20:02 pm »
Hey 4 cars is a good start, if any of you vic guys know anyone with a DSM, who isn't a ricer fag, then invite em out.

1. Wayne Wright and Ryan Furnemont
2. Jeremy Clarke
3. Wade Carlson - and definately Eric

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2005, 11:31:41 pm »
I know the Victoria area fairly well, but I haven't lived there in like 5 years. So since the VIT would be starting in Vic, where's a good meeting point to start this things off? I was thinking maybe the Beach by Beacon hill park, and head up Douglas, all the way out of town, or would a bit of a cruise around town be in order for this kinda thing...that part of the cruise could be more up to you guys. I have other Ideas, but since I dont live there and won't be joining the cruise till Ladysmith/Duncan....I though I'd let you guys from Vic voice an Opinion. Maybe meet up at Jyro...cruise down to Quarda, down to Douglas, then head North?

What do all you Victoirians think.

Chris Spencer

VIT
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2005, 01:41:06 am »
Usually we always just meet at the Payless on the highway.  I don't know about the other guys but I couldn't really care less if we cruised around here before we left.

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2005, 02:05:13 am »
Ok, I'm not sure how you Vic guys roll, so I thought I'd ask, any other opinions?

I don't mind either way, that part of the route is kinda like a majority vote between you folks.

Offline Matt Demick

VIT
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2005, 11:27:15 am »
Hell i might even come to this. if it is infact on the Aug 12-13-14 weekend. I was gonna come over there and visit my buddy Brad W who apparently know some of u guys. i will post my name closer to date
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Wayne Wright

VIT
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2005, 11:51:24 am »
Right on man, I was thinkin maybe a few Mainlanders could show up, it will be a pretty sweet weekend, Thunder in the Valley is pretty cool from what I hear.  :wink:

Spread the word. :D

Oh, and there's still no info on the site about camping accomadations, so maybe I'll have to call or something if it doesn't get updated soon, so we can make plans.