Author Topic: Turbochargers.com??  (Read 919 times)

Offline Trev_Scott

Turbochargers.com??
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:39:53 pm »
Has any one ever dealt with them before? Im in the market for an evoIII and came across there site. They have an evoIII big 16G for a fairly good price $459, compared to SBR's evoIII $569. I was just wondering if they are a reliable company and if any one else has had any experiences with them.
Upon further reading of their site i found that they are in a rather large lawsuit against SBR. Any one know what the deal is?
- 04 Audi A4 1.8t - (Slightly modded)
- 95 Tsi - Ported sbr mani with tial38, evo3 turbo/O2, 650's, aro afpr,
wineboro 255, 10.5x28x3.5 XS-PWR fmic, Type-s, MBC,
Apexi N1 DP/Exhaust, Maf GenII  3.5" maf, Pocket logger,
Innovate LC1, Stage3 eprom,  poly mounts, act2600/flywheel
BS removed *RIP

Offline Miles Frederick

Turbochargers.com??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:20:24 pm »
It's a knockoff, not a real MHI turbo.  Slowboy had posted some pics showing some of the differences and why the real evo16g is better and tc.com took offense to it.
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
Turbochargers.com??
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 10:07:15 am »
Even here it's been discussed, but since about 2001 or 2002 I've read nothing but bad things online if you search some forums.
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]