Author Topic: 1G Eprom Editing - Hardware, Software and Info  (Read 31827 times)

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
1G Eprom Editing - Hardware, Software and Info
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 08:20:08 am »
I've tried the WBO2 code modification and all looks to be working well.  The good thing is that you can log your regular O2 sensor which will now read/report thw actual WBO2 sensor voltage instead of the narrow band.

I've removed the stocker and screwed the AEM WBO2 sensor into the O2 housing and wired it's signal wire(from the gauge) directly into the ECU O2 sensor wire in the car.

This allows us to use the EGR sensor input for other purposes such as boost logging.

I've just started playing with the Ostrich and all I can say is that it's well worth the money  :D
all go, no show!

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 01:09:37 pm »
That just rocks man, I order my ostrich last night, and I have a Burn1 as well.

I was reading into the code, glad to see it's working well, it's one of the first thing I wanted to do.

Any word on the Water/Meth injection through the BCS?

There's some talk about a GM maf with no Translator, they both output in hz, but the GM's output is much higher then our, and climbs exponentially.

Offline Vlad Busta

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 02:18:27 pm »
There's a great disassembly of the E931 code done by Christian on the ECU yahoo group that could help you out with the BCS controlled WI.

What I was thinking in this regard would be to have the WI triggered at a specific boost level instead of trying to PWM the pump.  See msg 3527 in the DSM ECU archives for code on how to use the purge solenoid output to trigger a device, such as the WI solenoid.

As for a direct plug-N-play GM MAF, there needs to be a bunch of coding to accomplish it.  By looking at the Excel sheets that compare the GM MAF output frequency with the 1G stocker you'll see that the GM MAF is about 40X the frequency of the 1G MAS.  If you know electonics pretty well then I suppose you can hook up some sort of frequency divider circuit before the signal from the GM MAF to the ECU, then just fudge with the MAS compensation table to get it in line.

Something I'm looking into is a selectable studder box launch feature like the TMO chip had  8)

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 01:08:28 am »
Yeh, I was thinking that having it airflow dependant would be sweet.

I have lots of readin to catch up on in the group, been busy lately.

Very nice to see that there is a couple of us in on the editing bit though, very good stuff to be had out of it.

Would you mind Pm'ing me the code you used to the WB? (or post it up, this thread could become a good sticky one day)

Thanks,

Wayne

Offline Vlad Busta

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 08:00:51 am »
Miles posted the code on the first page of this post.  That's the same code I used and it seems to be working fine.  No CEL light and my low and high trims are updating.  I have to drive the car around some more to be sure.
all go, no show!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 11:36:14 pm »
I've been reading/subscribing to these threads too, and there are some great ideas being tossed around.

the native gm coding into our chips looks a bit ambitious tho, its not a linear 40x thing, its a bit odd, at least to me.

the thing that gets my blood boiling is the idea of a MAP sensor being used natively in our ECU code, no MAF, no worries about over running it, no worries about boost leaks causing drivability, no worries about venting, straigher less restrictive, simpler intake piping. In short that would be GREAT!!

My Keydiver chip has selectable stutterbox, so its out there and works well.

Another thing I'd like is if the "knock" gauge at 0 would be on the bottom instead of at the first notch.  I know the gauge can go down to the bottom because the lowest stutterbox setting is with the needle flat on the floor.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods