Author Topic: 92-94 diamond euro crystal clear headlights + clear corners  (Read 838 times)

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
This is what they look like installed:

After one of my headlights became damaged (and always being a little unhappy with the cloudy lenses),  I decided to take the plunge with some shiny new headlights. :D

I bought them off ebay,  seller was proexhaust  (pro_exhaust@yahoo.com) via paypal. They say that they don't take paypal from international orders, so I emailed them.  Very slow to get back to me.  But when they did, they said that paypal was ok for me.

I paid $131USD for the headlights and corners, and $62USD for shipping with insurance.  Total was $193USD.  At the rate of exchange at the time, it was just over $200CAD.   When the items arrived,  I was hit with another $22.xx CAD for taxes and import charges.

They came with new philips bulbs installed (same type as stock, BTW), new corner bulbs (my old one - for reference - is in the picture below), and the cool thing was they came with new corner screw inserts.  This was great because one of mine was totally worn out.  You will no doubt want to put in silverstar or coolblue bulbs.

They are totally adjustable, with lots of range up and down.  The side adjuster works, but took lots of turning before it started to move.  The bulb holding system is different than stock.   It didn't take too long for me to get them set up the way I wanted.  I should note that the headlight comes with the same type of air-bubble level as stock lights, but they were way off in terms of helping me adjust my lights.

The side adjuster:

The up/down adjuster:

Quality seems excellent.  Nice clear lenses.  Hopefully they will be somewhat scratch/rock chip resistant, but only time will tell.

Took some closeups with the lowbeam on.  You can see some water spots on the lenses (I should have cleaned them before the photoshoot.)

Note that the corner is orange (comes with orange corner bulb) with the light on. In other words, completely street-legal.

All in all, I'm happy with them.  I've seen chevy trucks around here with Alteeeeeeeeza style clear tails, and thought that it didn't look right, so I was concerned I wouldn't like how these clear headlights would look on my car.  And at first I wasn't sure that I liked them after I installed them.  But then they grew on me. Now I love them.   I can't imagine not having a 1Gb car without them.  They certainly are brighter, less yellowy and with much sharper focus.

I can't wait to put in some silverstar bulbs, but I'm going to wait for my coolblues to go first.  It probably still won't look like HID, but they already look much more modern.

P.S.  If anybody wants the brand new philips bulbs (as seen in the picture), pm me with an offer.
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8