Author Topic: miss fire and won't start .  (Read 13117 times)

Offline Rob Armstrong

Re: miss fire and won't start .
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2010, 05:28:30 pm »
You don't need to change the fireing order it's the SAME year ECU that came out of your car. I had to change fireing order as I have a 98, thats why it didn't work when we tried it in my car.

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 09:39:25 pm »
ha so  the ECU is good to go no BS // except for all the BS with my car ..

well gave it a try again tonight .. throtle full open .. and  cranked int over and over and over and over no success .. i can hear it kinda  wanting to fire up but then it sounds like something braking and Taking all the juice of the battery out .. its  very intriging . ill charge up the battery again  tonight and  Try again tomorow ..

there is  nothing else i can do but keep on trying. .

Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 09:43:35 pm »
Check all your fuses.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »
Check all your fuses.

i did and did again . i guess il check them again tomorow .. unless there is a secret fuse bhox i dont know about ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2010, 10:25:44 pm »
If just just keep trying to start it, it's not going to help.
Do you have a 6 or 7 bolt?
I have the 6 bolt sensor it looks like this.

I can't remember if my 7 bolt had one, I am 98% sure it didn't.
Hope you get this figured out soon.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2010, 10:49:31 pm »
nope mine doesnt have that one .. in the book it shows its  on the front of the motor   behind god knows what  .. i have a  gut feeling its gonna be just as fun to replace as the crank sensor. wich is pretty much like u ha ve to do your timming belt to get to it ..   

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2010, 10:54:18 pm »
well i am realy curious on know if the cam sencor have anything to do with the firing  on a 4g63 ?

could it keep it from  firing two of my  piston if its defectif ? what  is the  job of the cam sencor ?

just throwing this question out there since   john and I  took a closor  look and the timing is good the injectors are good fuel presur is good  two out of the 4 are firing  and well we scratch out heads .. :D

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Dan Silburn

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2010, 10:58:50 pm »
If your still have trouble finding it try this site it helped a ton

http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/index.htm

theirs a second gen version on that site also

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2010, 07:17:56 am »
Constantine, we don't know if the injectors are good at all.  We know that they are getting signal so the wiring and whatever triggers them is good, but they may be bad.

We know it has compression, the cam timing is good, the ignition timing is good, the injectors are getting pulses that appear to be at the right time and in regular intervals.  We also know there is lots of fuel and its under pressure.

we know it has good spark on 2 with one ecu and on none with the other.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2010, 05:17:04 pm »
 so technicaly we know ALOT and at the same time it doesnt tell us much . i think i am gonna take the injectors out and Crank it  see if fuel gets spit out . ill  make some  sort of  set up so fuel dont get spray everywhere and    burn my car down !

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2010, 05:19:07 pm »
so technicaly we know ALOT and at the same time it doesnt tell us much . i think i am gonna take the injectors out and Crank it  see if fuel gets spit out . ill  make some  sort of  set up so fuel dont get spray everywhere and    burn my car down !

If you crank it and you don't smell unburnt fuel I don't think you would be getting any.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2010, 05:25:06 pm »

If you crank it and you don't smell unburnt fuel I don't think you would be getting any.

ur right tho when only two of them were running  at the tail pipe it smelled like fuel ..ill still do it and see whats up .. but that still doesn't Explain on why i get no spark on two of them ? i guess ill know if my ignition transitors are any good when i test them on  Kyle's car .

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2010, 05:38:11 pm »
test the ignitor first.  MOST likely the injectors are good, but your car does sit for long periods of time.  Thing is its for sure not getting spark, so that needs to be solved first.

We KNOW there is no spark, and we can guess that there is fuel, so fix the one we KNOW is wrong first.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2010, 05:40:25 pm »
test the ignitor first.  MOST likely the injectors are good, but your car does sit for long periods of time.  Thing is its for sure not getting spark, so that needs to be solved first.

We KNOW there is no spark, and we can guess that there is fuel, so fix the one we KNOW is wrong first.

i will do sir !!  :D  i dotn work the rest of the week so ill tinker on it !

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 07:34:33 pm »
just tested all three of my ignition transitor and All of them worked perfectly  on kyle's Car .. so thast not the problem . now does anyone have a Working ECU  that i could try in my car. someone around town ?

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.