Author Topic: [ot] glider flight  (Read 782 times)

Offline an nguyen

[ot] glider flight
« on: April 12, 2006, 02:08:41 pm »
shot yesterday on the best flight of my life:
http://justinliew.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=118

gliding in pemberton, bc was way better than my maui helicopter ride!
stx 95 talon awd, stu 95 m3

Offline Rob Armstrong

[ot] glider flight
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 10:13:54 pm »
from your racing vids to your butifull pics from allover the place, I think you have it pretty good, and I wish I went 1/2 the places and drove in 1/2 the races you have.  :worship:
If and when you drive laguna you need to make a corkskrew compalation and post it up. :beer:

Offline an nguyen

[ot] glider flight
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 07:52:15 pm »
thanks rob, i expect to drive laguna seca and infineon/sears pt later this yr and post vids.  hopefully thunderhill too =).
stx 95 talon awd, stu 95 m3

Offline Miles Frederick

[ot] glider flight
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 02:55:34 am »
As a glider pilot I must admit there's nothing like it  8)

Lack of time and money has precluded me from it in the past couple of years and I miss it dammit.

Mostly flew out of Hope through VSA, but have been to Pemberton for a few away trips.  Is Rudy still running things over there ?

Another great destination if you're ever passing through is Invermere.  Located right between the Rocky and Purcell mountain ranges so just pick a direction :)   And extremely predicatable weather.  I spent 6 weeks there one summer never varied one day.  Not a cloud in the sky first thing in the morming, followed by nice little cumulus clouds marking every thermal by mid morning, increasing in intensity througout the day, eventually turning into cumulonimbus by sundown.  Followed by intense thunderstorms at night.  Every day.  Damn I want to live there  :laugh:
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.