Author Topic: New Ride (not a dsm tho)  (Read 1433 times)

Shaan Kang

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« on: October 23, 2005, 10:43:51 pm »
after a looong debate over what  to get, a turbo dsm or turbo rotory, friends with rx7's convinced me to go rotory and so i did..afer selling my 1993 Honda Prelude, i found an awesome deal on a turbo FC with a new engine with 6000km's on it

car came with quite a few mods as well so that was a plus for me as i didnt have to worry about any fuel control (soon to be changed to microtech) or anything like that

anyways, enuf talk..here is a link to my cardomain page..has pics [newer, more recent pics with hid's and driving lights coming soon] and my mod list so far - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2114957

thx,
Shaan

Offline Kevin Standeven

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 04:38:56 pm »
Because of terrific users like you, our servers have grown out of the space that we're currently in. We are in the process of moving our servers into a larger facility this weekend. As a result, CarDomain may not be available until Sunday, October 23rd.

We thank you for your patience during our move.

It's October 24th...
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Shaan Kang

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 06:02:24 pm »
^ weird...works for me..it said that for me a fe days ago but not anymore....if it continues i will post pics here and list my mods

Offline Kevin Standeven

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 08:49:40 pm »
Works now, and looks nice! But it's missing a certain bump in the hood :wink:
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Shaan Kang

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 09:52:51 pm »
haha..thx.....it was a hard choice for me....debated for like 7 or 8 months b4 i made the decision...came down to having more friends with rx7's than talons....after driving a rwd car i was hooked...so fast and fun..drifting is awesome and it handles like its on rails

Offline Mike Schmid

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 11:04:55 am »
Put a small block chevy in it   8)

Nice looking car, a buddy used to have one and they ride/handle really nice.  The passenger seat has no footroom tho, I don't understand why they did that.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Shaan Kang

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 07:04:01 pm »
Quote from: "Mike Schmid"
Put a small block chevy in it   8)

Nice looking car, a buddy used to have one and they ride/handle really nice.  The passenger seat has no footroom tho, I don't understand why they did that.

lol...small block chevy would be cool....but i like the rotory sound...sounds like a bloody motorcycle lol (plus, putting a chevy motor in is just asking to be ridiculed by every rx7 owner out there lol..most don't like the idea of swapping the engine out unless it is for a 20B (3 rotor)

my passenger seat actually has alot of footroom believe it or not...maybe it's cause i have aftermarket seats....and it handles liek you wouldn't believe....can take corners at twice the posted limit and never feel unsafe cause it is so tight and stable

Offline Mike Schmid

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 08:30:58 pm »
Really?  I think my buddy's is a '91 and the passenger side footwell is like 6" shorter than the drivers.  It's not a turbo but I'd be a little surprised if the turbo cockpit was bigger than the NT.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Shaan Kang

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 11:08:45 pm »
how tall are you? lol....i have a few friends with 7's and i fit fine in them and im around 6 feet (5'11ish)..they are all turbo's...not sure if they are different than n/a's

Offline John Hartman

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 05:20:03 pm »
very nice :)  I also made a choice, and the TurboII was one of the short-lists.

Glad I got the AWD, but those are still great.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Wayne Wright

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005, 06:49:32 pm »
I love the Turbo II's, they're so sexy.

Nice Ride. :thumbs:

Shaan Kang

New Ride (not a dsm tho)
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 01:22:27 am »
thanks for the kind words guys..bumping this up for some new pics of the hid's on my car domain page