Author Topic: FVT - convoy in from up the valley anyone?  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Mike Schmid

FVT - convoy in from up the valley anyone?
« on: May 22, 2003, 09:32:27 pm »
I moved from Calgary back to BC as of today.  I'm be coming from Harrison for the FVT so does anyone want to meet up and convoy in to the official meeting spot?  John, Kevin?  I know you Chilliwack guys are up for it   :D
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 09:42:37 pm »
yea rgr that, mr Boat owner :)

Dave Evans sometimes comes out here too, Travis maybe as well?

But I'm up for that for sure :)

Whatsay we meet at StupidStore?  Time to be determined?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 07:36:05 am »
I dont work that day so I will be in Mission meeting you guys @ Mission SilverCity, I know there is a 1G black 91 with some nice rims comming out, he works at Shell gas station.

Mike, you will see me bombing all the time around the wack, I will flash the headlights.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 01:50:11 pm »
WOOO!!! Welcome back, Mike :)

So you think you can regain the BC DSM N/T record, eh? More competition ... I love it!

Should have a NT meet sometime ... heh
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Troy Simkus

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 02:03:07 pm »
hey welcome back mike!

I'll most likely be going from maple ridge, if you guys come from lougheed i can meet you in MR.

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 02:20:55 pm »
well i went up and found the spot where we will be pulling over, hopefully it will harness all of us, heh, seems to be quite a few comming out to meet in Mission.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 05:11:31 pm »
Trav, you know that guy with the nice black 1G with the wheels?  Nice car for sure, he always keeps it clean.

Troy, sweet sig :)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2003, 12:42:44 am »
Hey, right on, looks good then.  I met up with Dave Evans on the way in to the meet once or twice then we picked up Troy too the one time for sure anyways...

What say we do a meetup somewhere in Chwk, close to the highway... Stupidstore works, or Lickman truck stop maybe, being as the usual (Vedder) exit is all fubar'd with construction?  Then cruise from there the big Chevron by the highway in Abby, can't recall the exit... That's where I've met up with Dave before.  Then from there the rest stop on the #1 seems like a good stop and the Silvercity or whatever.  It doesn't need to be epic or anything, just a 2 minute stop at each spot, close to the higway, to pick everyone up and we can roll in together, make sure no one gets lost if they're not familiar with the official meetup spot or whatever.  Save the meet 'n' greets and hood popping for the official meetup spot...  We can just set times to meet at each spot, be there at that time or make it in on your own kinda thing.  If someone knows the timing between the proposed meet up spots then post it...?  I just figure if we're all heading in on the #1 at about the same time we might as well do it together.  I have an open passenger seat too if anyone has more than one friend to bring and doesn't want to use the backseat.  

Andrew, and yes, I will be fighting for top honors  ;)  We're gonna have ourselves a good ol' fashioned show-down come the BC DSM Shootout.  I have some secret plans for a cold air induction system...  :twisted:  I may or may not work on it before the FVT... depends how things go.  The car is pretty filthy and in need of a good cleaning/organizing/detailing...
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Dave Evans

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2003, 12:35:16 pm »
It's going to be a late start for me so I will be meeting the group at Harrison.  :(
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4
2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 07:29:35 pm »
OK, so Mike, Kevin and I meet at SuperStore, in Chilly, at what time?

I bought nice FRS(2 of em) today, so we can use that too.

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 12:20:11 am »
John, well, I'd like to be at the mall at 9.  How long do you figure the drive is?  An hour?  I'm not real sure, it's been a while since I've made that trek.. The traffic should be light though.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2003, 08:32:17 am »
Where are we meeting the rest of them?  Silver City in Mission?  At what, 10:00?  It takes like half hour to go from here to Silver City.

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2003, 11:08:55 am »
It can't be 10, the cruise starts at 10.  :P  

Well... looking at the official FVT info/maps topic we're supposed to be at coquitlam center at about 9am.   What's the time from SilverCity to Coquitlam Center?  30 minutes?  Probably more like 20-25 actually... so if we call it 30 that gives us a bit of leeway for traffic or a 5 minute wait at the meet up spots.  So we leave superstore at 8am, be at silver city at 8:30 +/- 5 minutes and head for coquitlam center for 9am.  Hood pop and meet n greet til 10 then kick off the tour.  

Unless I'm way off on the time from silvercity to coquitlam center...?
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Jeff Armstrong

• http://www.bc.dsm.org
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2003, 11:12:20 am »
I hope by Coquitlam Center you mean Lougheed Mall  :wink:

Meet starts at Lougheed Mall @ 9am.  Leaves there @ 10am
3 Talon - Sold
LR Disco - Atleast I'm AWD now :|

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 11:15:46 am »
Yeah, lougheed mall then, it used to be coquitlam center in the first couple meets though, right?  Where is the Lougheed Mall, how far from silver city?
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*