Author Topic: Fraser Valley Tour july 6th  (Read 4521 times)

Offline Mark Guthrie

silly honda's, street lamps are for seeing, not hugging!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline CamWeiss

Re: Fraser Valley Tour july 6th
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 07:59:33 pm »
Negatory, it's a little too costly to come over for a weekend with the car. (Return ferry trip, or boost guage and controller?)
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 09:08:18 pm »
way to be apart of the club!!

1991 talon tsi awd (DB UICP,Greddy type S BOV,FMIC, Steel 3"intake, 3" exhaust, BB MBC, 14PSI)

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 11:38:41 pm »
Well, if you put it that way...
You come to me.

Be a part of the club, Mark.
(C'mon. It's a two way street. We don't often come over, and neither do you guys. It just gets too costly. I, unfortunately, have a mainland meet way down at the bottom of my 'to do' list - And it's a long list.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:41:03 pm by CamWeiss »

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Mark Guthrie

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 06:36:30 pm »
maybe i will dammit!! lol jk, i was just putting it out there, if there was a meet on the island that i could make it to, then i probably would, but as ive seen on the island that u dont have many meets so was just passing the invite along....

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:14:36 pm »
im choked there is never meets over here. I want to have one ASAP!!! just got my car running yesterday!!!!
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 05:17:03 pm »
Quit bitching and organise one, then.

I've tried a few times to organise meets, but I've only ever had a couple people (you included, I know) interested.

As an alternative, people could just start showing up to autocrosses. God forbid you take your car to a track once in a while. There are three clubs in Victoria that run regularly - VMSC, the MG Club, and the Porsche Club. All are accomodating and welcome everyone, regardless of whether or not you're running their marque. Between the three clubs, you can find an event pretty much every weekend.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Jon Rabeneck

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 02:18:32 pm »
Quit bitching and organise one, then.

I've tried a few times to organise meets, but I've only ever had a couple people (you included, I know) interested.

As an alternative, people could just start showing up to autocrosses. God forbid you take your car to a track once in a while. There are three clubs in Victoria that run regularly - VMSC, the MG Club, and the Porsche Club. All are accomodating and welcome everyone, regardless of whether or not you're running their marque. Between the three clubs, you can find an event pretty much every weekend.

yeah, we should get one going for sure, however i dont know when the car will be running,
[Dwight Schrute]:
I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 11:34:44 pm »
Im on the island quite a bit fishing in port renfrew.  Parents have a place there on the ocean.  I go through victoria, or sometimes the back way from shawnigan lake.

We could maybe do a cruise on the coastal hiway from victoria, through sooke and then to port renfrew and back.  Theres some awesome twisties on that road out near renfrew.  Just watch out for the bumps lol.

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 01:25:42 pm »
Sure, I've never driven that road before, but I hear lots about it (Mainly tight, twisty, and rough).

Also, anyone and everyone is welcome to come autocrossing. All you need is a helmet and a car that's not a death trap. It's a cheap way to spend a day. Between the three clubs running them here, there's essentially an event every weekend (at Western, of course).

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 02:55:44 pm »
You know it would be pretty f'ing cool if islanders and mainlander got together...If only there was a bridge.......
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 08:54:11 am »
now, the only issue I have with this thread is the negative tone it took.

I understand the frustration on the costs, as I really want to do some of the autox and track days you guys have over there.

But if someone posts that there is an event and everyone right away says no, thats not helpful.  We know its expensive, but we will still extend the invite on the off chance that someone might be able to attend.

What would you say if we never invited you or told you of major things we were doing?  I for one would be upset about that.

If you can't make the event, just don't post, or post something constructive about it.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods