Author Topic: pic tesssst  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Zach Holt

Re: pic tesssst
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 02:45:15 pm »
Pffft its all V-talk...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 07:41:15 pm »
yeah couldnt hurt... i think i might be just putting 450cc's in as the white colt anyways as the 4g61t has 390cc injectors

I will be putting in a 450cc and a 1g mas in there...  or 550's and a 2g mas maybe...  not really sure i wanna go with it yet..  It has the eprom already but it has to be socketed before i do any tuning...

I think just putting in some known good 450cc's along with the 1G mas  should help out a lot and i should be able to get a lot better gas mileage then i do.  Thing with the 1.6L you really need to use the boost to get it moving on to the highway or going up a steep hill at highway speeds.

I bet if it had a 2.0L with a 14b it would get better mileage then the 1.6L 11b does due to the 2.0 not having to work hard at all to get the little hatch moving around.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 09:27:38 pm »
or put 8.5:1 pistons and more aggressive cams(stock C and D grind turbo cams or some JDM Evo cams) so its nicer off boost.  maybe a down pipe and a good intake so it can breathe?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 10:33:43 pm »
yeah the intake on it isn't horrible *modded OEM 2G intake pipe with K&N filter w/ stock colt mas)

Im thinking of maybe chipping it and putting it on DS MAP..

Did you guys notice a improvment in a decently tuned DS MAP setup over a properly running MAS setup??

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 10:51:43 pm »
yea and not for the better, except at high throttle settings.

It started, idled, and cruised better on the chipped/maf setup, was cleaner in aircare, and got better mileage.

That said, my car was very well dialed in on the MAF.  Jeff O and I did a few revisions and I played around with a few things.  Jackal may make a poor or average car run better.

The thing about Jackal is that you have to tune EVERYTHING.  Not just timing and fuel, but the iat curve, the coolant temp curve, and other things you would take for granted on other tuning systems.  you have to input your own injector dead times for all the voltages from way low to way high.  you  have to enter your open loop/closed loop tps settings etc.  And one mistake in one of these tables will mess it up.  Its hard to know where the mistake is.  The car will run "fine" but it will be off.  And the tune can change day to day making it hard to pinpoint what you are doing.

Plus as it stands, there is no actual intake air temp sensor.  It should be called a charge air temp sensor as its in an intercooler pipe and it heat soaks when idling in a hot engine bay.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 11:04:57 pm »
How bout a 2.5" downpipe for better torque and less chance of boost creep.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 02:14:02 am »
yeah a full 2.5" exhuast might be nice... but after having a full 3" setup on my old summit wagon and then putting a full 2.5" setup on it before it was sold... i noticed quite a big drop in power between the two..  I think i would go with a 3" setup on any turbo setup after seeing the differences in the two... 

After all... eventually i will probably have a high flowing turbo on the little 1.6L like a evo III or a HTA68 or something... I will want that extra room for the exhuast gases to get the hell out of there!! hahah

One this is for sure... the 89 colt GT will stay at a displacement of 1.6L....  My buddy bren just dropped me off his spare 4g61t out of his 89 GT for me to use if i ever need it...  He opted for the bigger 2.0L... ahahah sucka ;)

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 11:04:41 am »
Is it turbocharged?

LOL !  i get jokes.

and john....    I need a camera.. Ive never owned one. lol.   Ill wait till the GF gets home from Hawaii and Ill take a good updated pic.    There has been some minor changes   ;)
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.