Author Topic: Battery shorted out on a wrench, now car won't start.  (Read 17754 times)

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
Re: Battery shorted out on a wrench, now car won't start.
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2011, 01:38:05 pm »
Not sure if 2G's are the same as 1G's in the way you have to ground a connector behind the battery on the fire wall to be able to set the base idle, you can't just crank in the BISS screw.

edit:
I just found this!

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/BISS-2G.html
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Mikael Mikkelsen

• Mobility Consultants Group
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2011, 03:12:23 pm »
AWESOME

Offline Mikael Mikkelsen

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2011, 01:18:26 pm »
But I need a scan tool for that.

Ive done the throttle body again... 3rd times a charm (and a learning experience)

Its still idling at 1200 rpm, steady though. Ill do ANOTHER boost leak test, but I cant see that much air getting through, def not through the throttle body anymore...

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2011, 07:22:40 pm »
you have to do your base idle and base timing set so that the ECU can control the full range of motion for the ISC.

Also, if your fast idle air valve is stuck partially open its gonna idle high as well.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Mikael Mikkelsen

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:58 pm »
I didn't touch or pull off my fiav at all, and I didn't idle high before everything came apart. I think I HAVE to do another boost leak test before I look at anything else. I want to do that grounding thing but I've been told contradicting things, that 2g's don't have that wire, or they do and its automated, or I should be doing that... I'm worried if I do something else will fail