Author Topic: To anyone putting together a meth kit.  (Read 12481 times)

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
Re: To anyone putting together a meth kit.
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:44 pm »
Ziggy Dietrich
Apr 13 (2 days ago)
to me
Not sure what you mean by “recirculating”.  We carry the “Devils Own” brand, you can check their website for further descriptions.
Shipping is NOT included in the pricing, but would be calculated at checkout..

Ziggy
Not a helpful reply!!
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »
Can a progressive controller be used with a recirculation pump???

What's better progressive control or on/off solenoid control...

I already am using a 4 port system with progressive controller so would an recirculation pump
with solenoid control an improvement on my system.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:57:04 pm by daniel Dee »
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2013, 06:59:35 pm »
pretty sure your current setup is "better" but sometimes simplicity is the king.  Its up to you.

A progressive setup with multiple nozzles like you have will allow more control and more precision.  Probably make more safe power.

But like I said, a simple on-off solenoid is, well, very simple with less parts to fail/fritz out
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »
I will upgrade the pump because it is 200psi plus..
The progressive controller has reliable for 4 yrs now...
Does the controller restrict voltage slowing down the pump??

Because my turbo boost is basically on/off ...the solenoid trigger is attractive...only if the pump comes on just before.
I don't want to get into multi solenoids (or solenoid for every nozzle) One solenoid for pre turbo and 1 or 2 IC nozzles.
I guess only a brand name will do for the meth solenoid.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2013, 10:21:54 pm »
I picked up my Solenoid from Surrey Fluid and power.    Like I said in the beginning of this thread,  you can find most good methanol compatible things there.  They have threaded connectors, accumulators, and solenoids. I havent bought anything else from them, But you probably could get the line there too. I do know they wont have nozzles. But a good alternative to spending a lot on nozzles is to check out Mcmaster-Carr nozzles.  They work like a charm.  Just be sure to include a good check valve close to the nozzle.

Surrey fluid power
-fittings (most pushlock fittings available. 90s, threaded, couplers etc)
-line (probably have that too, seeing as they are everything power pneumatics)
-Accumulator (for if you dont use a recirculating pump)

For nozzles check out Mcmaster-Carr nozzles.  (Cheaper than most, but work great)

You may be able to get nozzle holders through Surrey fluid power, but you wont be reffering to them as nozzle holders. They will need the concept behind the fitting, and thread sizes  etc. If not,   go through RTM racing,  they seem to have more methanol components than ever.

As for check valves,   go with tried tested true Brand name check valves. They should have ~10-15psi cracking pressure and be methanol compatible.  RTM racing can get these for you.

$$$$ Run some wire,  set up a relay, mount the solenoid, mount reservoir, put in a pump, run some line....  And you are set.   Trigger it, and make MOAR POWA!$$$$

337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2016, 10:33:10 pm »
Just an update.

SMC 12v normally closed 1/4" 2 port alcohol compatible solenoid has gone down in price!

Surrey fluid power now can get them for $29!

building a meth kit just got even cheaper!

These solenoids are tough and the price cannot be beat.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 07:57:14 pm »
Aquamist nozzles and check valves are about the same price or cheaper, and they are very well made and quite small.  I have seen some of the other nozzles and they are huge and clunky looking.  Plus they need huge holes in your piping.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:47 am »
Got some outside mount nozzles off RTM racing for $32 each.  Seems pricey, but compared to others, its actually a great deal

you can save # by running inside mount nozzles, but I dont like the idea of screwing a nozzle in from the inside of piping, and it also makes connecting to a fitting kind of difficult.  So its worth it to buy outside mount nozzles

Also picked up nozzle holders for $19 from RTM racing.

My system will be :

5 gallon AEM tank - 200psi recirc pump - SMC accumulator - a tee for pressure sensor ( will auto retard timing if pressure drops ) - an inline methanol filter -  a Y then feeds 2 seperate solenoids - check valves - nozzles ( throttle body and pre turbo )

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2016, 07:18:50 pm »
yea aint no way I am going to screw something in from the inside that may fall off.  Eff that.  the little Aquamist nozzles are threaded 6x.75 and nothing can fall into the pipe.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2016, 07:27:56 pm »
Picked up two SMC solenoids for methanol injection today from Automation West Technologies ( formerly known as Surrey Fluid Power )

The Solenoids have gone down in price big time!
They used to be $54-$57 dollars

Now they are $29!

All the more reason to build your own meth kit!