Author Topic: Looking for help! Will pay! Help replace 2g 430a NA Water Pump & Belts  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Kevin Willemse

Hi there

My 98 ESi Talon NA started sprouting (ahem P**ing) water all around the water pump area and oil pan. Rebuilt and checked the thermostats housing, replaced the water pipe o-ring, still leaking, so can only assume this is the problem :(

I'm pretty mechanical and know all about timing, belts etc but this is the type of job best left to someone who knows they have the right tools and done it before. So I'm looking for someone who fits this description! Some folks say they can replace the pump and belts in 3 hours or so. I will buy (already have) the parts and will help/learn/pass wrenches/get dirty with you and throw in $150 and a 6 pack of your favorite cold bevvy... as long as you've done this a couple times before ;)

Any takers? I'm in the Langley area and the car is still driveable so I can come to you if needed too.

Alternatively, if there's a well priced DSM shop I can be directed to, will go there, but most places are throwing ridiculous numbers out ($1000+)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1998 Eagle Talon ESI

Offline Travis Koch

• Level Seven Finishing
hey Kevin.  I could help you out but it might not be for a week or so.  I have a million things to do so it would be best if you could drop the car off for a day or two so i can add it into the mix. 
Current projects:  1992 Laser RS AWD - daily summer
                           1995 Talon Tsi AWD - daily winter
                           1989 2000GTX FWD - not sure where this is going yet
                           1991 Talon Tsi AWD - soon to be organ donor

Offline Kevin Willemse

Travis you are a legen. The car is still running ok (fans going, leak isnt crazy, and i carry water :) ), so I can get to you, and you can have it for as long as you need. Just let me know when suits you.

Also if you're interested in some more $$$ she needs a clutch job  :D :D let me know what you want to do. THANKS!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1998 Eagle Talon ESI

Offline Kevin Willemse

PMd You :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1998 Eagle Talon ESI