Author Topic: First startup  (Read 248 times)

Offline billyfurtado

First startup
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:40:21 pm »
Ok so my car has been sitting for awhile finally started it up had to charge the battery its a 95 eclipse gst but before it sat i had the head changed,belts,waterpump and now when i started it some of the components dont work like windows and alot of the center console stuff like heater fan and stereo deck and also my lights are stuck on unless i pull the fuse and put it back in just wondering if anyone had any idea thanks

Offline John Hartman

Re: First startup
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 07:31:01 pm »
probably a lot of corrosion in all your electrical.  That may clear up when it warms and drys out, but it may also take you cleaning out every connector.  :(  Not looking like a fun time unfortunately.

Pull the door panel and pull the connectors for the window motor at the motor and switch.  See if there is any corrosion in there.  If so, clean it up, lube it and put it back togeather.  Try it?  Try the same thing for the center console switches and connectors.

also, check all your fuses.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods