Author Topic: Headlight issues  (Read 471 times)

Offline Adam Williamson

Headlight issues
« on: October 05, 2004, 09:53:12 pm »
Hi there, my headlights are causing me a bit of trouble and I'm stumped over what it could be. Lights work fine when I turn them on (turn the knob once) but when I turn the knob again to turn on my highway lights, there is absolutely no difference in brightness, so I'm pretty much stuck with either low and highbeams. Since I do a fair amount of freeway driving, I'd kind of like to have all three brightness levels. Any ideas? :?
-----------------------------------------------------
-98 Eagle Talon ESI

Graeme Shaw

Headlight issues
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 10:07:16 pm »
There is no third brightness level as far as I know.  Low beams and high beams are all they have.

Offline Adam Williamson

Headlight issues
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 10:17:00 pm »
wierd.....I just figured that there was a problem because all of my other cars had the 3 levels. Ah well, looks like I'll have to invest in some better lights. Another question though, how would I go about adjusting the lights? my driver's side light is pointing a little towards the passenger side. I tried playing with the little black knobs on the back of the light and managed to adjust them up and down, but not side to side.
-98 Eagle Talon ESI

Graeme Shaw

Headlight issues
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 10:18:21 pm »
What "three levels" are you talking about?  I've never had anything but lowbeams and highbeams.

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
Headlight issues
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 10:22:37 pm »
Do you mean daytime running lights, low beams, and high beams?

In that case your three levels are off, on, and high beams...

Offline Adam Williamson

Headlight issues
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 10:36:21 pm »
bah nevermind, I forgot that my mazda B2200 didn't have normal daytime running lights and you had to turn the knob once to turn them on, then again to get your lowbeams....any idea about adjustments?
-98 Eagle Talon ESI

Offline Leon Hui

Headlight issues
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 06:02:08 pm »
Quote from: "Adam Williamson"
bah nevermind, I forgot that my mazda B2200 didn't have normal daytime running lights and you had to turn the knob once to turn them on, then again to get your lowbeams....any idea about adjustments?

Open your hood and look at each headlight.  You will notice a level indicator.  Look closer and you will notice some sprocket.   There are two sprockets on each light, one for each axis.

You need to park you car on a flat surface and have your lights shine on a wall 10ft???  away.  Then go adjust :)
Got BoOsT?